The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:20 am

i *finally* got round to watching pirates of the caribbean and to be honest i quiet enjoyed it as a bit of saturday night vegging with mates, johnny depp was perfectly cast as jack sparrow and made me laugh in a few places, even if the "suprises" the plot had in store were easily guessable way beforehand, although i was the only person there who realised something in the film that was somewhat more subtley hidden, and ive never seen the film before and they had, 3 times
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:43 am

yeah, it's a very good "hollywood blockbuster" -type movie. imo

watched most of Empire Records</i>. s'all right. I much prefer Pump Up the Volume</i> cuz this Empire</i> drags and in places and doesn't seem quite as inciteful.

loaned Battlestar Galactica mini-series to tha bruddah-in-law. he loved it. he's also a fan of the original series (mid-30s). apparently he has a thing for jane seymour. anyway, he keeps asking me shit about if so-and-so is in the new series. and who the parallel character is n the new one. I'm like "dude! I was BORN in 1978. I have no idea what you're talking about. the discs are over $100. I haven't seen them." anyway, apparently jane seymour (dr. quinn, medicine woman) was a hot young chicky in 1980.
8)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:01 am

No film, but a documentry Bruce Lee: Death by Misadventure... weird conclusion... anyone else seen this documentry?

Its ultimate conclusion is seemingly that he died from an allergic reaction to Cannabis... that must have sucked :o

Sounds really weird, but then again, the 'official' line is that he just died so it makes way more sense.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:38 am

@ dinky ive seen empire records aswell, a couple of times, renee zellweger is hot in that one, but shes younger too lol, like u said it had its moments

@spud no i havent seen that documentay, got an emule link? sounds interesting
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:12 am

omg! that was so lame, I have to quote it:

dinky wrote:watched most of Empire Records</i>. s'all right. I much prefer Pump Up the Volume</i> cuz <s>this</s> Empire</i> drags <s>and</s> in places and doesn't seem quite as <s>inciteful</s> insightful.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:55 am

LOL thats a first, quoting and ridiculing your own post
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:44 pm

Collateral</i> was decent, I guess. nice little ride, but not the most engaging.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:46 pm

@spud no i havent seen that documentay, got an emule link? sounds interesting

Well a blind search reveals one with lots of people downloading, it also says its 0% complete. I got the dvd with a box set of all of Lee's films from Japan.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:20 pm

ah right cool, i didnt have mule running at the time is why i asked for the link :)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:17 pm

well what i meant is "there is no link to my knowledge", not search for one or anything... :)
if its wanted i can rip it of course, but if there's something out there i couldn't find it on emule or @ fh... might be at acfmovies.com or whatever their url is... keep forgetting

I watched the Big Boss and just then Fist of Fury... you can tell why everyone loves Bruce Lee, he's absolutely hard as nails and unlike all the other martial arts people, or most of them, really was a good actor. I guess its hard for any actor to follow on in the same light after Bruce Lee nailed it so perfectly. Top movies, okay Big Boss has the classic chinese 'inserted/lingering scenes' and the odd /quick cuts that's pretty much a patented trait of Chinese cinema but its a fine movie none the less. BTW, I'd never noticed before, that's Pink Floyd on the Big Boss soundtrack everytime someone enters the Big Boss' mansion... and it made me smile in Fist of Fury when the music came on because its the same music used in Kung Fu Hustle :lol:

Way of the Dragon next, that's his fist movie as director.. I can't remember it much apart from it being awesome.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:24 pm

yeah big boss and fist of fury are great movies, bruce lee was great at what he did, way of the dragon is one with chuck norris right? i recall i didnt find that as good as big boss or fist of fury, ive got fist of fury 2 on vhs lol picked it up for 30p once and its got bruce lee all over the cover despite the obvious hinderence of being dead

anyway recent films i watched today are

The Tomorrow Man (2001)

all things concidered it was a pretty decent film, a novel twist on the time travel idea, a blue collar father in the 70s gets dragged forwards in time by a police officer from the future after she goes back to stop the mans son who is a serial killer and the killer of her bf/partner who has gone back to the 70s aswell to kidnap his younger self and take him back into the future to give him the loving caring life he never had

and also watched

Mutant aka Night Shadows

i got this dvd from The Works and it cost me all of 50p or something like that and it looked cheap trashy scifi horror and i was expecting the worst dvd conversion ever, but the story is quite a good zombie-esque story (although its all been done before, chemical company dumps toxic waste near small redneck town, rednecks slowly mutate into blood craving zombies etc) but it was actually quite entertaining and was about average for an 80s made horror, not b-movie like as i was expecting (except maybe the actors) i mean the lead actor is none other then that world famous.....yeah right, serious david hasselhoff clone (looks and acts just like him only with more duane dibley teeth) Wings Hauser , who incidently (to bassline especially) played the sherriff in The Highwayman and has guest starred in a fair few other high ranking tv shows, even the quality of the conversion suprised me, for such a cheap dvd ive seen high priced dvds with worse quality to them, it even had a trailer which is rare for that kinda film
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:37 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:anyway recent films i watched today are

The Tomorrow Man (2001)

all things concidered it was a pretty decent film, a novel twist on the time travel idea, a blue collar father in the 70s gets dragged forwards in time by a police officer from the future after she goes back to stop the mans son who is a serial killer and the killer of her bf/partner who has gone back to the 70s aswell to kidnap his younger self and take him back into the future to give him the loving caring life he never had

man they gave that tripe away on a dvd magazine and it was dire,you really are lacking any good taste aren't you :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:30 pm

i quite liked it personally, but maybe thats because im more movically (is that even a word?) open minded, plus im trying to watch my way through every movie i own, which could take a while, or 3 lifetimes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:32 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:i quite liked it personally, but maybe thats because im more movically (is that even a word?) open minded, plus im trying to watch my way through every movie i own, which could take a while, or 3 lifetimes

i think you should swap open minded with simple minded :lol:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:33 pm

i would but i dont want to take your position on the forum away from you :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:39 pm

a quick check of posts of yours would pretty much show that forum joker is your position and nobody can take that from you not even your phsycologist :mrgreen:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:00 pm

lol...
@max, yeah its the one with Chuck in who snuffs it at the hands of Bruce Lee... The reason i think its better than fist is because the action scenes are far more intense and brutal, the storyline is a bit simplistic and not as good as fist, but to make up for it, it feels like a more solid edit.

Both great films but i think I prefer Way of the Dragon slightly more. Next one to watch will be Enter the Dragon 8)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:05 pm

ah enter the dragon is a good film "have some tea mr braithwaite?" oh yes splendid

Dont think.. feeeeel, it is like a finger pointing a way to the moon *slap* dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory

and of course it has the ever great john saxon in too alongside brucey bonus
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Bassline wrote:a quick check of posts of yours would pretty much show that forum joker is your position and nobody can take that from you not even your phsycologist :mrgreen:

leave my psychologist out of this, shes never done anything to you, she made me take her on the table once.... or that mightve been a line from breakfast club actually :lol: ARGH the lines betwen fiction and reality are merging :-o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:15 pm

did you take the red pill or the blue pill :wacky:...and while i am referring to that......recently grabbed Matrix dezionized DVD.....looks to be interesting

The Matrix Dezionized
a special edition combining Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one complete movie.
unauthorized fanmade edition by the CBB group.

Everything that has a beginning... may not have a disappointing end.
But the Matrix Trilogy had a very disappointing end.
Reloaded was nothing compared to The Matrix and Revolutions even nothing compared to Reloaded...

Pathetic.

That is why we made this edition. We did watch the movies over and over, sensing there was quality in them, but so many things were distracting, did not make much sense, were just boring to watch.

Then Boon came up with the idea to leave out Zion at all, to never have Morpheus speech, nor the great battle, not the dance scene, not the prime minister and especially no Commander Locke. We thought about it a lot and we came to the result, he was right. Zion had to be left out of the sequels to get a better movie and it would be possible to do that without destroying the plot, cause all major and important actions happen to be at other locations than Zion. We also shortened lots of other scenes we did not like or thought to be not fitting, e.G. the dream sequence beginning, where Trinity falls out of the window. Although this scene was great action, it just was not thrilling and as it is repeated later on, we just deletetd it (in fact we put this scene to the point, when it actually happened and deleted the shortened version there). Of course we thougt about plenty other scenes to leave out, e.G. the indian family in the beginning of Revolutions, but we decided it was good to have that for mood and plot. All in all it took us several months to think about which scenes to keep and which one to cut.

There are two main parties we want to say thank you to and both them will not like it:
thanks to the entire production team of MAtrix Reloaded and Matrix Dezionized, you did a great job and gave us everything we needed to make our "improved" edition. We admire your work and will always do so.
thanks to the software companies, who create such nice tools that make it possible to keep the highest possible quality in creating movies to our own likings. The present is a nice time to live in.

The Matrix Dezionized
PAL 2h 50min
english
english subtitles
animated menus
chapters
teaser
trailer
DVD cover

enjoy.

the CBB group.

will watch it soon.....someday :mrgreen:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General