The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote: saw ...t was a good film

it must be. it was in dk's top ten list of last year. :wacky:

heh. sorry. I couldn't say that with a straight face. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:30 pm

dinky wrote:it must be. it was in dk's top ten list of last year. :wacky:

lol! That good huh? Isn't The Machinist another one? :lol:

Then again people on imdb seem to love that one for reasons beyond me, i thought it was pretty dreadful and ended up as surprising as Stephen King plot twists these days.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:01 am

why is it when i read dk i immediately thought of dean cain lol

well even though i figured out the guy in the hospital who attacked the wife and daughter was in on it pretty early on but the twist at the end where the real killer is revealed i didnt actually twig, even though when it was reveled it seemed so obvious, but whatever you say cary elwes still acted his part well and danny glover still has a face that looks like a horse whose been beaten with a pan multiple times
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:01 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
dinky wrote:it must be. it was in dk's top ten list of last year. :wacky:

lol! That good huh? Isn't The Machinist another one? :lol:

yeah. machinist was his movie of the year. forget which award he gave to saw</i>.

in fairness though, I never bothered to watch it. I heard good things about it from someone who thinks basically the opposite of me, and since I've already seen seven</i>.... :lol:

oh yeah: watch latest ep of entourage</i> and most of underworld</i>. also, first season of x-men: evolution</i>.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:13 pm

whose DK?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:28 pm

Isreali mod at FH with one of the most hit and miss, flip flop tastes in movie around. He's a big Cronemberg fan, but he did a fan audio commentry for the Machinist so I don't know what to think :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:01 pm

ah right i see, maybe over there they just get badly dubbed movies so theyre limited for choice :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:11 am

spudthedestroyer wrote: he did a fan audio commentry for the Machinist so I don't know what to think :lol:
:o
you serious?

:rofl:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:16 am

I guess im the only person who, apart from knowing its a film, has never heard of the machinist, which from your commens is probably a good thing
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:09 am

nah. I never watched it either. doesn't look like my cup of tea. you might like it though. it looks kinda macabre. batman stars in it. looks like a zombie.

watched 6ft under and last hour or so of man on fire</i> denzel version. good stuff. could do without the superfllous drowning-in-pool dreams/images though.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:52 pm

batman stars in it. looks like a zombie.

That commitment to the role is the only thing worth watching... I bet he wish he read the script before endangering his life/health like that :lol:

The plot is so predictable and lame, its easily categorisable alongside Secret Window in the retard class. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:55 pm

u didnt sell the film to me im afraid so ill pass on it

i do fail to see though how anything with denzil washington in can be "good stuff" :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:01 pm

More on the machinist
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... =machinist

Seems i'm the only one that thought it sucked. IMO its the same kind of level of lame deer as Secret Window.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:02 pm

never seen the machinist and never will, but i saw secret window and i think it would be more aptly named if they added an E and called it Secretes huge piles of shit window
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:20 am

Madagascar</i>
the penguins were funny. everything about this was forgetable, and I like</i> animation generally speaking. the lead voices all seemed wrong also. penguins were good though. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:24 am

what exactly is madagascar(apart from a country) i saw a poster for it the other day all over a shop and it jsut looked like some really lame pre school childrens show like teletubbies, tweenies and other such absolute arse kids shows (not like the ones we had back in the day)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:10 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:More on the machinist
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... =machinist

Seems i'm the only one that thought it sucked. IMO its the same kind of level of lame deer as Secret Window.

oh my! i may have to agree with you on this one and say i also thought the machinist sucked :o was hoping for a lot more but as you have said it was so predictable and i'm usually the last to know whats going on in a film :lol:

went to the cinema to catch war of the worlds at the weekend....what a waste of money that was :roll:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:01 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:what exactly is madagascar(apart from a country) i saw a poster for it the other day all over a shop and it jsut looked like some really lame pre school childrens show like teletubbies, tweenies and other such absolute arse kids shows (not like the ones we had back in the day)

animals pampered in a zoo end up stranded in the wild (on madagascar). they meet weird native things (squirrels?). wackiness ensues. it's not pretentious or anything, but it's also not much different from the timon & pumba show. you'd prolly wanna kill me if you paid to see it on my recommendation. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 pm

hmm sounds like [insert almost any fish out of water cartoon/film title here] i dont think ill bother with it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:48 pm

fantastic 4</i>. I was pleasantly surprised. it's light. lighter than the x-men. but I enjoyed it. lemme put it like this: catwoman</i>, punisher</i>, daredevil</i>, electra</i>, and hulk</i> are all more interesting characters, but this was a better movie than any of those.

I never liked the FF anyway, and I was actually impressed that The Thing didn't actually come off like an animated turd. iunno. they're the FF. they're not supposed to have really tragic stories. decent movie - WAY above my expectations.

last analogy: it's a lot like war of the worlds</i>. it's WotW. it's been done. everyone knows it. speilberg would have had to significantly</i> alter the story to do anything remotely more that what he did, which was make a slick summer flick. personally, I find johnny storm's wise-cracks more entertaining than watching the monster-of-the-month destroy XYZ city.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General