The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:20 pm

lol, batman's way cooler, he tells someone every movie more or less, Batman, Batman returns, batman forever (i never watched past this one :lol:), and again in Batman Begins... infact in begins he doesn't even bother to hide it much :lol:

Smallville's pretty shit, but i remember that one on BBC he married her in that series, the one with Terri Hatcher... I like Teri Hatcher :)

Spiderman is a nonce.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:lBatman, Batman returns, batman forever (i never watched past this one :lol:), and again in Batman Begins...

So obviously you did watch past there :P

Smallville's pretty shit, but i remember that one on BBC he married her in that series, the one with Terri Hatcher... I like Teri Hatcher :)

Spiderman is a nonce.

smallvilles ok, it has its moments, or should i say it has certain female actresses in :wink: , the series where he married teri hatcher was the new adventures of superman and was really gay bollocks, teri was fit in it, now shes a bit of a ropey old jane
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:17 pm

oh forgot to mention, just watched Antitrust very pleasantly suprised by this movie, nice pacing, gripping story, pretty decent acting especially tim robbins but my god this movie was blatantly aimed at microsoft, they even mention bill gates in it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:lBatman, Batman returns, batman forever (i never watched past this one :lol:), and again in Batman Begins...

So obviously you did watch past there :P

its not the same series, you vagina :wacky:

I thought only batman was replaced but they were all the same series of films? There was one or two more, I know Arnie was in one of them, but i don't know if val kilmer was still batman. Was alfred still the same alfred?

Batman Begins relates to that series as much as burton's relates to the tv series, not much at all :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:49 pm

yup, definitely the same series:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001284/
Same Alfred through them all, form Tim Burton's Batman to the last one.

Batman Begins isn't related to those films, and is rather good suprisingly.

Speaking of alfred, seems he's in Tim Burton's Corpse Bride too :) I remember him in Sleepy Hollow :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:51 pm

ive not seen batman begins but its still batman so its still connected :P

lol the one with arnie and i think uma was in that one too is teh one with george goonie as fatman the caped consumer
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:01 pm

yeah but i said i never watched past that one, not that i have never seen anything related to batman comics since. Its a tad hard given they're everywhere.

But as for the movies being linked, only by the source. Burton -> B&R were all continous sequels to each other, set in the same setting with the same 'batman' (even though its played by a couple of different actors).

Batman begins, which i'd recommend you seeing btw (given you like a lot of crap too and this is good shit), has nothing to do with any of them really... okay its still batman but its not like he has a shark repellant spray in it :lol: So there's nothing to worry about in that regard.

As for a sequel to batman begins, maybe its fresh for someone to have another try? There's going to be a sequel, i think that's apparant. Where new spiderman/batman/xmen/superman movies are concerned its not really that much of an issue that there are sequels and remakes, the entire area is based upon umpteen zillion comics that in themselves retell the same story and even restart from the begining again in batmans case :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:05 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:smallvilles ok, it has its moments, or should i say it has certain female actresses in :wink: , the series where he married teri hatcher was the new adventures of superman and was really gay bollocks, teri was fit in it, now shes a bit of a ropey old jane

The New Advetures of Superman is an animated series. and I think it was called the batman/superman adventure (the recycled older dini/tim batman animated series with some new eps and the new superman they split time with) :?

The thing with dean cain and teri hatcher was called Lois and Clark.

(all in the states, of course)

edit: listen to the spud. if you have any interest in comic book movies, you'll be pleased with batman begins</i>.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:40 pm

ah over here i think lois and clark was the adventures of superman, i dont really read comic books so dont know much of teh backstory comic wise to lots of these dudes

i hate to bring it up but....

(given you like a lot of crap too and this is good shit)
coming from farscape boy :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:i hate to bring it up but....

heh.

"d'har, he has a point, dear." ~ you can't do that on television :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:11 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:ah over here i think lois and clark was the adventures of superman, i dont really read comic books so dont know much of teh backstory comic wise to lots of these dudes

i hate to bring it up but....

lmfao, yeah the opinion of 2001 python boy carries so much weight :lol: Lets just say we know there's been a nuclear hollycaust if you ever get phoned up to do SFX what's hot and whats not list :lol: lol, you want me to go through this thread and quote you python boy? :lol:

Jokes aside, farscape is/was extremely popular actually, so cram that in your pipe and smoke it. Especially since the sole criticism seems to be it has a muppet in it... big friggin deal, especially since this is sci "shove some latex ears on him" fi. At least its worthy of having a large fan following mr. :lol:

The glove is on the other foot now! :lol:

----

I watched highlander 1 for the first time and boy does that movie suck out loud! What the fuck is wrong with it? its the biggest, most directionless badly scripted monstrosity that people seem to bum. It had to be one of the worst, truely worst, edits of a movie I have ever seen. Its like some one through and cut out every other scene of the movie. Filmed random bits and spliced them in, and then re-edited that with their eyes closed.

Don't get me started on how shit the plot and acting is. The only thing worth mentioning, and this is because its a great thing to come out of such a piece of shit. And that's queen... Good job l
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:27 pm

oh and the one with terri hatcher was "The new adventures of superman", and it sucked royally.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:06 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:oh and the one with terri hatcher was "The new adventures of superman", and it sucked royally.

we do agree on something then

and actually i have never said anything about enjoying python 2001, i have said its got robert englund in and i like him as an actor but thats about as far as ive gone, and i dont hate farshite just because its got muppets in, as i like the muppets, i hate it because its cloned cliched drivel ripping off numerous shows from buck rogers to lexx

i might like some really bad (see i can admit it) b-movies but at least im not following the crowd of jumping on whichever bandwagon is rolling past at the time, im not saying you do either (ive seen some of the movies you like and theyre nto crowd pleasing garbage either) im just saying that theres nothing wrong with bad movies, at least watching them doesnt fund more churned out bags of wank from hollywood for teh gullible masses to swallow up for "oh flashy shiney effects"

and if u recall lord of the rings, the hulk, the fast and the furigay, insert any vin diesel movie are all refered to by the masses as popular

so what your really saying there is if its popular and mass appeal drivel then its good, hmmm interesting theory

by theyre own followers hitler was popular, saddam hussein, osama bin laden, george w bush, catholism, and thats just run by child molesters but by your thory that makes each one of them a top bloke

now onto more pressing matters

watched dreamscape and what a poorly made dvd it is, not fs but also not ws either screwed up ar big time, the picture is grainy, the sound drops out for 5 seconds at least 3 times in the film, and overall teh film wasnt even really that good to begin with
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:15 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:oh and the one with terri hatcher was "The new adventures of superman", and it sucked royally.

yeah that sucked indeed.

Smallville is ok, could have been a bit faster paced and darker.

I saw Minority Report again today. gonna see the fake War of the Worlds (you know, the one with C. Thomas Howell) tonight and sunday War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise.

That should do it for me.
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:18 pm

a friend of mine has seen the c thomas howell version last night and they said its terrible, he spends most of the time running around or crying like a baby :wacky:

smallville got a lot darker in its 3rd and definately 4th season as it moved to a later time slot from 8 to 9 so it can be darker
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:15 pm

i hate it because its cloned cliched drivel ripping off numerous shows from buck rogers to lexx

How is lexx anything like Farscape, okay its lifted the leviathon if you close your eyes close enough to think lexx invented that.. lol, i don't even think the Ancient Greeks did? lexx has taken far more from psycedelic sicence fiction than farscape ever did from lexx. Infact beyond the living ship, its absolutely nothing what so ever, that's for damn sure, and in actuallity lexx has more in comparison to Barbarella than Farscape. Barbarella has more in common with Flash Gordon which is a blatant and self confessing ripoff of Buck Rogers, which is pretty crap in itself.

As for the buck rogers connection, sure crighton carries around the gun in the same way 'and is lost in space' but derivately speaking, Farscape is barely anything alike and I can't believe you've watched either show if you sprout that. Speaking for how far apart they are, I can't stand buck rogers at all, if farscape was anything remotely like it I'd probably hate its guts too. Your not a buck rogers fan are you by any chance? If so you don't need to see it where its not, and its really not there. Its not the same kind of show.

Cliche wise, your right, its there like it is in everything if you look hard enough for a reason to fault it, but then you talk about Dawson's Smallville and especially, lol, Buck Rogers, and I wonder if your using the right word at all, teen drama with superman is a walking cliche factory on a scale that would frighten desertlart island villages to sacrifice their children to the god of cliches. The base concept of Farscape isn't overly new, but its an original series that's for damn sure, with much finer writing and created with more technical skill than anything around at the time. one that improved vastly over its series, and its budget caught up with it, not any degradation in quality in anyway what so ever resulted in its demise. Ripoff shows die early because their content is not their own and there's nothing to work from.

Ripoff... please...

Speaking of bandwagons, lets go whip farscape.. seriously, that the real bandwagon i've seen if anything. Doesn't deserve the shit it gets... then again its like those Star Trek fanboys that go on about how full of itself Babylon 5 is. Amazing given how shit star trek is as well.

:lol:
There's a simple way to categorize geeks:
Voyager or Ds9

Regardless of how crap they are, there's the line in the sand that every geek must walk. Fellow Ds9ians can not coexist with voyagers. So it was written, so it is. :wacky:

ps. mentioned how shit highlander is today, and they were amazed i bothered watching it all, i think that sums the movie up :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:58 pm

personally i dont like either ds9 or voyager very much, i watched the entire 1st season of farscape but jsut couldnt get into it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:00 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:personally i dont like either ds9 or voyager very much, i watched the entire 1st season of farscape but jsut couldnt get into it

its not their quality, its their mentality and philosophy. :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

farscape or voy/ds9? as i wasnt aware voy had any
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:13 pm

as i wasnt aware voy had any

That means that your a DS9 person. The voyager clan is based around science fiction based upon the cloned template of of Star Trek, moralistic, pretty straight forwards space romp/opera based around normally exploration and normally disposable tv. Voyagers are normally the type of Star Trek, Stargate SG1, Andromeda, buck rogers. quantum leap. etc.

D9 is the idea that science fiction is based around people in space, events and reactions and a more alternative approach. Despite its absense in DS9 (because its wank), its normally the story arc approach rather than disposable tv Babylon 5, farscape, BSG, etc.

Of course there's always a bit of cross over between the two camps, and both shows are for definition purposes as they are both invariably crap, but its about the two scifi concepts you can normally split the genre down the middle that way, tv wise particularly.

I'm a sucker for a decent story arc programme myself, and loath with a passion the crappy exploration flicks of traditional scifi.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General