The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:11 pm

watched the bourne identity and supremacy today, and yes i did sit tehre going "matt daaamooon", identity was ok, supremacy was a bit crap until the final car chase
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Bassline on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:43 pm

identity was very good IMO supremacy was utter shite also IMO :D
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:35 pm

just watched Blind date (the bruce willis kim basinger one) good movie, willis proving how great a comedy actor he can be
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:54 pm

the james brown auto alarm cracks me up every time i see it :lol:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:16 pm

lol yeah me too, OW OW OW OW OW OW
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mxyzptlk on Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:16 am

battle beyond the stars

:mrgreen:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:56 am

mxyzptlk wrote:battle beyond the stars

:mrgreen:

The music from that is awesome if i recal correctly. I have the main theme on cd somewhere :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:59 pm

thats the film with richard thomas of waltons fame, george peppard of a-team fame, and robert vaughn of man from U.N.C.L.E Fame in isnt it?, i like that film

just watched spiderman, ive seen worse films, but ive also seen better films but then again Kirsten Dunst is HOT
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:15 pm

War of the Worlds</i> was dumb. it wasn't a bad movie. I happen to think the plot just doesn't translate into a halfway decent movie. it's not scary. it's not much of an adventure. the action is about as fun as watching a cgi wave bowl over NYC or a tornado sweeip a few cows and a pick-up into the air. the psychological thriller/moments of conscience are seriously glosed - there but no engaging). there is the nice shot of cruise in the doorway of bombed-out basement though. that was a wonderful shot. think it's from texas chainsaw massacre. the movie was more like a watered down andromeda strain. the ending is ridiculously cheesy (no you fool - everyone know how the war</i> ends; I mean the "human interest story" is shlock hollywood cop-out)

might have to see bewitched by monday. almost picked-up a copy of bubbahotep for $15. won't watch it anytime soon so went with Father of the Pride series instead. battlestar galactica is still insanely expensive (as is every other friggin' sci-fi series on the shelves). Sorry, but a season of a 1980 tv series is not worth $100. Neither is Star Trek Enterprise. And wtf are X-files sets STILL $100. they're like 5 years on the shelf!!!
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:45 pm

father of the pride over bubba ho-tep is a big mistake imo ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:55 pm

i dont personally see the appeal of father of the pride

watched spiderman 2 earlier only to find the dvd fucks up 50mins into it when his mum gets thrown off the roff by doc oc, ill just borrow it off a mate and watch it finish 2moro, so decided to watch Jersey Girl instead, no reason apart from that liv tyler is in it, although when it started and i saw ben asslick and jennifer lopez in it i thought "oh my god what have i done" but then the film really picked up after lopez' character dies during childbirth 15 minutes into the film, sadistic as that sounds
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:26 am

five liv tylers in my bed wouldn't be enough for me to sit through jersey girl again.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:27 am

lol, surely the sight of jlo dying is worthy of resits
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:48 am

lol - good point.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:42 am

Just watched testament, what a god damn depressing film it was too

made in 1983 its one of those "what if nuclear war" movies where the west of america gets destroyed by a nuclear attack and the effect it has on the citizens of hamlin on the east of america as they wait for the fallout to reach them, and when it does they slowly start to die until theres no1 left, very very bleak, powerful too like moonlight mile (similar theme but a different take on it), but very depressing, not something to watch to lighten your mood. Shows the real horror of nuclear war more then desolate wastelands ever do
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:24 am

I watched the great "The Great Dictator", the Charlie Chaplin movie. Whilst the tomfoolery of the begining is over the top, which of course is the point, most of the film is very good and largely funny, even with all the hammy acting which is the case with 30s/40s cinema. Chalie's Adenoid Hynkel is still amazing :lol: Wasn't for the end speech, but given that it was made and released for 1940 in the middle of the war, then its a forgivable inclusion. Amazing that the movie was made when britain was appeasing hitler.

Great film :beerchug:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:05 am

first half of father of the pride</i> series and last 5 eps of x-men evolution season 2. FotP slays me. love it. it's easy to see how it could get cancelled though. primetime animation is a really tough sell. and they sink a lot</i> of money into each ep.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:19 pm

borrowed spidey 2 off a mate to watch the rest of it, a rare case of the sequel being better then the first i think, i also liked the way finally a superhero who admits it to the girl he loves (take notes supertramp)

watched Tron aswell, havent seen it in years but its easy to see why its acclaimed as when it was made it had the very best effects hollywood had to offer and still look impressive today for the time it was made, story was something different too in a way

anyway gonna watch either antitrust or dreamscape now, time depending i might watch both
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:26 pm

borrowed spidey 2 off a mate to watch the rest of it, a rare case of the sequel being better then the first i think, i also liked the way finally a superhero who admits it to the girl he loves (take notes supertramp)

Batman does it more often :lol: Superman tells his bird too in most stuff eventually. Xmen aren't shy about their identies either, barring the odd couple of them... wolverine's too busy cracking someones skull open to care.

Come to think of it, Batman is the only real superhero with no super powers. He's just a nut case... :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:07 pm

batman isnt really worthy of super hero status, hes just a loon in a cape with an unhealthy obsession with bats lol

yeah superman told lois in superman 2... then erased it from her mind by kissing her, chloe knows in smallville but clark didnt tell her, he told lois in the new adventures of superman but as that series was crap its not to be counted lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General