The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:43 am

kit cloud-kicker, baloo, and a gruel gruel world. what more could a kid ask for? 8)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:10 pm

Watched some awesome movies:
Ben Hur
Police Story
King of Comedy
God of Cookery
From Beijing with Love
Marathon Man
Unleashed

Ben Hur, what to say? Its like taking Gladiator and then making it good :wacky: Rightfully said to be one of the best movies of all time, got it on DVDr at last so watched it right away.

Police Story, as far as chinese films go this one was big budget and violent. Everyone must have seen this, since its a good Jackie Chan film and they are pretty rare these days this all the 'baffoon comedy' movies he's doing these days. Nothing like a leasurely cruise through a shanty town or some excessive fight scenes through bits of glass. LOL, although i have to say, the replay of the 'big budget scene' 3 or 4 times kind of showed that they'd put a lot of practise into it and could only take one shot. :lol: Great film though.

King of Comedy, is a piss funny Stephen Chow film. This guys hilarious and this one he did before Shaolin Soccer. Its about a guy that's crap at acting with all the usual storyline traits. Well funny, recommended!

God of Cookery, another piss funny Stephen Chow film. This time its about a celebrity chef who gets ruined by a former business associate and has to reclaim his 'iron chef' "God of Cookery" roll. Same usual crew for other Chow films... hell if it ain't broke, why fix it? :lol:

From Beijing with Love, This is one of the first famous Chow films, its a piss take out of James Bond. The 'field operation' scene with the distraction is piss funny, you have to see it! It shows up how inadequet hollywood parodies of bond are too since this one is hilarious.

Marathon Man, the classic with Dustin Hoffman... is it safe? Great film.

Unleashed, now this one was weird, but excessively violent on Jet Li's part. The concept is a bit cheesy, but its one of Jet Li's best films. Bop Hoskins is a gangster that's 'conditioned' a kid through is life to go violently insane when he takes his collar off. So Bob Hoskin's uses him to collect protection money off of various idiots. Unfortunatly, Danny (Li) still has the brain of a kid so he's not the sharpest tool in the kit, but there's some awesome fight scenes in here. Its a new movie, check it out if you want a bit of martial arts.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:34 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Ben Hur, what to say? Its like taking Gladiator and then making it good :wacky: Rightfully said to be one of the best movies of all time, got it on DVDr at last so watched it right away.

:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:43 pm

got Vic & Bob In Catterick on dvd today, great series, hope they make another
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:39 pm

the latest ep of Six Feet Under. batman begins is on the docet for tonight.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:51 am

batman begins. was very good.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Watched Outbreak, quite enjoyed it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:37 pm

is that the one with the monkey?

I've been playing on GTA:SA myself :) PC versions waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the consoles... some tools messed up the options be default though, you have to setup the mouse so its fly-by off, and turn the drive with mouse on if you want it to stay behind your car (I quite like flyby in the car though :) )
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:37 pm

yeah thats the one with the monkey, and dustin hoffman, cuba gooding jr, morgan freeman, and other such well known people, rene russo and the bloke from space cowboys, not clint or tommy the other ones whose famous in that film

as a game overall though sa is no vc yes its nice u get a full state now and other such new features and missions (like the trucking missions) but i hate all the music, characters, and stupid ghetto talk, personally i wouldve much rather had a still in the 80s game like vc (vc still ranks as my favourite gta game to date), or even if they had listened to the fans and gone back to the 70s instead wouldve been nice, nearly everybody i have spoken to about gta sa all agree that on a whole gta sa sucks a fair bit in comparison to vc, still it does beat the shitness that was gta3

have you seen the screenshots of GTA: Liberty City Stories for sony psp? the graphics on it look damn nice for a handheld, its a uk psp launch game too, it almost makes me possibly think about concidering getting a psp

incidently spud did ya install the hot coffee mod? :wink: to readd the aprt the censors made rockstar remove
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:12 am

yeah, but its a bit poorly implemented.... screws up the storyline too if you install the coffee mod, but the mingames a laugh :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:06 am

hehe yeah it is a laugh

watched an old hartnell doctor who story last night "the chase"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:06 pm

just watched "Bachelor Party" good film really enjoyed it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:02 pm

Batman Begins, it was good. But I'm not really a batman fan.
I even paid for it :-o
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:09 pm

it's kinda sad that I don't even wanna see anymore "summer blockbusters" this year and it's only june 19. SW, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Batman. sure, imma watch dozens more in the next couple months. but is there anything coming that I really want</i> to see? iunno.

oh! that reminds me. saw the firefly/serenity trailer for the first time before batman. it looked pretty cool. only watched a few eps of the series. it looked smarter than most sci-fi tv fodder, but also too much like a western (right down to the theme song), and that was off-putting. anyway, I had no idea that the trailerwas for Serenity until the very end. the way they cut the trailer looks like a total 180 from the series. very kinetic...frenetic even. at first, I thought they were trying to reinvent Wing Commander :lol: definitely will give it a shot. then again, I also intend to give fantastic four a shot and war of the worlds (which could be the best movie of the year, and I still have no interest whatsoever - not very sci-fi of me, eh?)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jim123 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:05 pm

Is Batman worth the money or should I wait for the rental?

I saw Mambo Italiano last night, I did not like it at all.
Jim123
42?

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:03 pm

watch the trailer. laugh your ass off at its stupidity. then be amazed at how poor a job it does at advertising a good (and very good from comic book stand point) movie.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:04 pm

hmm...end of harry potter 3. rundown. there was something else.... oh yeah! GOONIES! arrgh. great PIRATE movie. :twisted:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:27 am

@max
Hey, i just noticed the radios respond to stuff that happens like the DJ on radio X mentioned the grass burning. That station plays some decent music :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:58 pm

yeah they play stuff later on too thats happened, i wont give too much away incase u havent got that far yet but when u reach the third city, on KDST there are adverts to for OG Loc

radio x plays some good stuff but my fave station on it is KDST, dj voiced by G'N'R Frontman Axl Rose
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:11 pm

yeah on radio X dj mentions how ganster rap sucks and takes the piss out of big dogg and og loc :lol:

best station is the custom one of course! :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General