The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:10 am

finished jedi.

watched hitch. I'm not allergic to wil smith to begin with, but I liked it. nothing better than the preview but also not a letdown is the best way to put it, I guess. maybe feel different if I paid $10 to see it. :wink:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:30 am

so basically ok to watch if ur bored and its free is what your saying?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:03 am

nah. I'd have seen it in the theater, actually. just couldn't get in the mood for a comedy-romance thing. it's safe, stock, and strictly by the numbers. you can figure out the entire movie from half a preview. but it's executed well. there's also a dance bit at the end (not part of the movie) that cracked me up. I'm so kevin james. 80s/90s flashback. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:57 am

ah ok then might watch it at some time then
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:22 am

just watched assault on precinct 13 (the good one not the new one) and ghosts of mars

assault on precinct 13 has an always will be a good film to me, so i will just forget the new one exists

ghosts of mars.... well i watched aop13 and then ghosts of mars back2back, and i noticed something, the story behind ghosts of mars is really quite similar to aop13 in many ways (could it be beacuse they are both john carpenter films??), in aop13 you have an old disused police station with a group of police workers, holding theyre own against a group of ruthless gang members who are intent on killing them all, then the main cop lets the prisoners out of theyre cells to fight alongside them, and they start to trust each other

now set that on mars, with a team of space cops, and replace the killer gang members with possessed crazed miners and you have ghosts of mars

even some of the lines were similar, most notably in aop13 when the cop asks the criminal "so why are you called Napoleon Wilson?" and wilson replies with "maybe ill tell you later", and in ghosts of mars natasha henstridges character asks ice cube "so why are you called Desolation williams" and he replies "maybe ill tell you later"

oh also on mars the baddies are running around with burning torches, theres massive explosions and fires burning everywhere.... erm how exactly?, its mars, theres no oxygen to burn hmmm

and in one part a woman is floating about in an old style weather balloon.... WTF was that all about?

the lead baddy looked like a marilyn manson/alice cooper crossbreed in a bad way
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 am

RotS</i> with a new crew. was more enjoyable cuz I knew which scenes to turn my brain off of or snicker at. prolly never mentioned this, but I think lucas' opening shots were ace (up till the droid/fighters beep - then things go downhill). but the way the camera followed the jedi starfighters into the melee worked very well.

mr. and mrs. smith</i> was great. smarter than it looked in the previews. a very strong beginning. lots of charisma. lots of fun. brad plays the stereotypical competitive male ego thing great (his wife is a more accomplished assassin [300 kills to 60] - and the way he deals with that in their interactions throughout the movie is funny; actually, it's similar to the type</i> of humor lucas was trying</i> to produce in RotS when anakin warns obi-wan not to make any loose screw cracks, etc.)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:15 pm

watched planes, trains & automobiles on dvd last night, funny film really enjoyed it, john candy and steve martin at theyre best, the scene when theyre in bed together is hilarious

candy kisses martins ear

martin: Why did you just kiss my ear?
candy: well why are you holding my hand?
martin: erm well wheres your other hand?
candy: between 2 pillows
martin:..... Those ARENT PILLOWS
Candy & Martin: ARRRRRGGGGHHH
Martin (in deep manly voice): so er see the cubs game last week?
candy (also in deep manly voice): er yeah yeah cubs played a good strong game
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:19 pm

return of the king from the battle of pelinor fields, last 1/2 hour of can't hardly wait twice, first 2/3 of ANH.

hmm...need to start and finish an entire movie one of these days. oh well. batman begins next week. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:52 pm

ah but when does batman finish dinky? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:27 am

by the looks of the previews, I'd say about 20 mins after it begins.

watched shrek 2. lovely movie. lovely. random ep of sopranos. season premiere of entourage - funny shit man. funny shit. shallow and funny.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:50 pm

watched my way through the entire first season of Twilight Zone (80s) and the first season of Darkwing Duck
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby El Mariachi on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:10 pm

Creep and Machinist.

I started with Imaginary Heroes, but that stuff was too boring, even with Sigourney Weaver in it.

Creep was rather nicely done but halfway it fell down and some scenes were like slapstick and made it kinda bad.

The Machinist was nicer :)
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:00 pm

I've been watching the Babylon 5s again, all of them. :)

Collecting all the Farscape DVDrs and then i'll do the same for Farscape sometime :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Bassline on Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:58 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I've been watching the Babylon 5s again, all of them. :)

Collecting all the Farscape DVDrs and then i'll do the same for Farscape sometime :)

got bored with B5 after series 3 ended :wacky:
currently watching Farscape on BBC3 satdee evenings and enjoying it a great deal...so i d/l all episodes from torrent sites :mrgreen:

and god help me i watched Constantine yesterday and errr...wish i hadn't...dull dull dull besides a few nice cgi moments and i think Keanu still thinks he's Neo or is that just the way he acts(?) in all movies :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:23 pm

well farscape doesn't have the lull Babylon 5 has later in life (although there are two episodes that a just shit, 1 in series 3 and one in series 4), series 1 of farscape for me is my least favourite... it just isn't right until Scorpious arrives and its all about Wormholes :)

Babylon 5 does have its moments past series 3, infact Series 4 has both the fall of the shadows and the civil war, its series 5 that was hugely dissapointing for me because of those smelly hippy telepaths mostly :eatthis: Series 5 is just one long downer, everyone leaves, splits up and then Sheridan dies all in the space of a couple of episodes :o

Whens the new Babylon 5 movie out?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:41 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:and the first season of Darkwing Duck

DD! DD!

let's - get - dangerous! 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 pm

hehe yes dinky let us indeed get dangerous, here hold this bomb please.......

i liked b5 up until season 5 aswell then it went downhill, stupid ginna telepath

now darkwing ducks finished ive got to decide which to watch first, either all of talespin or all 3 seasons of ch ch ch chip n dale rescue rangers
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:30 pm

ugh

I could never wait for rescue rangers to end so the good shows in the disney afternoon would come on again.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:04 pm

Watched Brass eye, that tv series is ace... they should do one on Terrorism :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:47 pm

dinky wrote:ugh

I could never wait for rescue rangers to end so the good shows in the disney afternoon would come on again.

guess thats your way of choosing talespin then lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General