The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:27 pm

the series didn't get off to much of a start if you ask me, at least it doesn't suck as badly as Friday the 13th though :lol:

I watched Blade trinity, was okay i guess. I wish the matrix never happened though, its fucked movies up for good... its like Scream all over again; mediocre film that has a negative impact on same genre films that follow :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:32 pm

erm...well...I think they're better than mediocre films, but that bit about the negative effect on the genre(s) is sure true.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 pm

this girl is so hot!!!!!
http://img8.exs.cx/img8/1535/200504080049164ix.jpg

watched sin city again, I liked it even more the second time.
also watched the three re animator movies again the other day, I laugh @ them alll about the same. tried to watch that cancled a few years ago series harsh realm...I just ended up deleting them after 2 eps. I get enough of that one duche bag from watching Lost I couldnt handle it. I watched this aussie film called Somersault (2004) about this young girl 17? who tries to fuck her moms boyfriend but gets caught by her mom swapin some spit so she runs away to this mountain ski town.... any how its pretty cool cause she screws alot of guys .../except for this gay scene that imo didnt quite fit it in... err let me see if mr skin has some shots NOPE SORRY

what else did i fuckin see
oh yeah i runied EPIII 4 my self By reading the graphic novel! btw if anyone wants it I'll rar it up! but I cant figure out how anikin goes from pretty tough in the clonewars to an all out badass in ep III. doesnt make sence imo but its hard to talk about with out spoilers...
ROTS_graphic_novel.rar

I watched Birth again. its about a 6 imo but the music reminds me of hitchcock and is probably my favorite aspect of the film.
anyhow i know I seen some more shit but i cant think of it....
gonna watch primer again tonight but its kinda overrated i think.
oh yeah and Im still sharing the oil factor The Oil Factor
The Oil Factor.avi

Ive u/l about 9gigs so far and thers still like 25-30 peeps im my Q. Its pretty popular i guess and its also very informative in case anyones still wondering why the US is still in or went to iraq in the first place.
anyhow i usually never read post this long thre usually pretty stupid

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Last edited by bobbystills on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:34 am

personally i like the fri 13th series (but everyone by now should know i like cheese :lol: ) but im not feeling gripped by elm street as much, not smegging gripped at all, i know what u mean about scream matrix etc, they all suck, but i dont like blade either
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:25 pm

latest Deadwood</i> episode. I hate how most everyone is more verbose than Dawson's River Kids, but it's really funny when some of them do it. it's fun to cheer for the bad guys and laugh at the top guy (ian mcshane) when he comments on their ineptitute.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:36 pm

I watched Pecker and i don't get it, its not funny, it makes no sense... i don't get it... someone? anyone? help!?!!?

I don't really get the point of that movie.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:02 pm

is that the movie with that "divine" erm... woman/ma/thing? made by that bloke who played the "camp shop owner" in an episode of simpsons? john walters or something i think
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:46 pm

yeah that's the one.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:27 am

thought so, ive not seen pecker but ive seen a few of waters other movies and from what i gather they pretty much all follow the same lines, usually involving divine putting filth in its mouth :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby bobbystills on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:38 am

dinky wrote:latest Deadwood</i> episode. I hate how most everyone is more verbose than Dawson's River Kids, but it's really funny when some of them do it. it's fun to cheer for the bad guys and laugh at the top guy (ian mcshane) when he comments on their ineptitute.

i know what you mean but im having problems laughing at it. the dialogue is really starting to get on my nerves - the whole fuck the script and rehearsals deal is kinda simple imo. mcshane the doc from dune & J.F. Sebastian from blade runner are the only actors that i can even stand listening to any more, its really getting corny this season imho I probably going to give up on it

spudthedestroyer wrote:I watched Pecker and i don't get it, its not funny, it makes no sense... i don't get it... someone? anyone? help!?!!?

I don't really get the point of that movie.

I thought it was pretty stupid too
waters imho is very overrated.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:46 pm

well i didn't buy it or anything, friend gave me a copy so i watched it, wasn't really worth it.

I did watch Delicatessen again and its just as brilliant as always, I just can't fathom wtf he did with alien 4... I don't understand why such a talented director would fuck up in such an astronomical way, it kind of puts a whole doubt on him as a director, and whether he's only capable of the same kind of movies. I just think it all went hideously bad and I can only imagine that a) he didn't read the script b) he didn't know who Joss Whedon was before commiting to such a fuck up. City of the Lost Children and Delicatessen are great films; but I lost a lot of respect for him as a director by taking such a great franchise and making it so utterly terrible. Just confuses the hell out of me watching his career suddenly going so hideously bad for one film.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby bobbystills on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:08 pm

its like you said a great franchise, so you got all these corny producers trying to control different aspects of the film including weaver (an actor) who owns part of it. when its all about money its bound to fail at the start imo doesnt matter who the director is. I think I remember Fincher saying something along the same lines in a doc around the time of the alien3 film hit dvd - he was pretty pissed that they kept fucking with him....

:Spud: is there honestly a week that goes by when you dont think about one of the four alien films?
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:48 pm

bobbystills wrote: :Spud: is there honestly a week that goes by when you dont think about one of the four alien films?

:rofl:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:33 pm

well, when i see a great piece of work by the director of the fourth one, the first thing you are compelled to think about is whether he purposely set out to make a film that feels like being f*cked in the eye with a needle :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:28 pm

was forced to watch starship troopers 2 tonight by a mate who loves the first one (why i dont know) and my god i would rather watch thunderbirds the movie and thats saying something
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:36 am

:lol:

max! you go too far!

about to tune into another deadwood. a friend saw sahara. said it was stupid but funny. unless kung fu hustle is at the regular theaters, think imma see that.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:29 am

lol, well Starship Troopers was gash, but at least it wasn't alie... ;) :D

Was going to watch The Doors, but i watched an episode of the simpsons instead.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:08 pm

gash doesnt even come into it, its truely terrible, but the second is even worse, dreadful
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Starship Troopers one wasn't that bad at all, particularly the stunning soundtrack and Klendathu drop...

number 2 was wank, but the first one wasn't too bad.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:49 pm

it was kinda stupid in a way that the robocop purposfully over-the-topness wasn't. but still...had some good aspects. the telekinetic thing was particularly dumb though. didn't fit with anything else. imo
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General