The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 pm

:O friday the 13th is a great series (bar part 9) its my favourite ever horror series along with evil dead of course and george romeros dead trilogy hence why i won them all on original (yes i actually bought something) and yes that includes fvj as it was in an offer and i thought it might be good, replace thought by hoped, was dissappointed
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:03 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:I dunno who topher grace is either, but I am willing to pay a pound to find his missing "Chris" :)

:?

he's the boyfriend/druggie in Traffic</i>, the lead male in That 70's Show</i>, smalltown kid with crush on kate bosworth in Win A Date with Tad Hamilton</i>. Similar to Tobey Mcguire - not the same style...but I associate their styles.

anyway...picked up two-pack of Shaun of the Dead</i> and Dawn of the Dead</i> (remake) for $25. Thinking it's time for another Evil Deadathon...except with Shaun</i> in there as well. Still looking for Bubbahotep at a decent price (it was $30 when it came out - $19 is the average new release).

that reminds me, not sure if it's posted elsewhere, but I was told by the guy at the register that sean william scott (American Pie</i> movies) is signed-on to play Ash in the ED remake. they've got</i> to be playing that for shits & giggles with him in the lead....
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:10 am

dinky wrote:he's the boyfriend/druggie in Traffic</i>, the lead male in That 70's Show</i>, smalltown kid with crush on kate bosworth in Win A Date with Tad Hamilton</i>. Similar to Tobey Mcguire - not the same style...but I associate their styles.

So What Your Saying Is He's A Hugely Annoying Untalented Twat?

dinky wrote:that reminds me, not sure if it's posted elsewhere, but I was told by the guy at the register that sean william scott (American Pie</i> movies) is signed-on to play Ash in the ED remake. they've got</i> to be playing that for shits & giggles with him in the lead....

My god if theres the slightest hint that what you just said is correct i am goin to personally unleash hell, if theres one person i HATE its Seann Fucking William Fucking Scott
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:30 am

fortunately, I know for a fact that there's more than one person you hate. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:57 am

OOOOH you just had to mention jonathan FUCKING frakes, dont get me started on that bearded paedo twat, all i have to say on the subject is THUNDERBIRDS

on the subject of last movie watched, i just watched bruce almighty, wasnt too bad, ive seen better but it had its moments and i chuckled a few times, watched my dvd of Hard Rain last night, great film
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:07 pm

south park: bigger, louder, uncut.

I was for shaun of the dead, but some fool said she didn't watch cartoons so they insisted she watch this (she then left) :? I guess I'm alone here, but...I mean...it was a funny movie, but rewatchability it has not. ok, more than episode I, but....
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 pm

i agree about the south park movie, ive watched it once and jsut cant be bothered watching it again

cant even remember what the last film i watched was, cant've been very good then
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 pm

oh just remembered, bridget jones - the edge of reason, my mates sister got to the dvd player before we did :?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:24 pm

:rofl:

I like the reason. classic! actually, sounds like my experience in better words
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:50 pm

saw Be Cool</i> last night. I thought it was funny. people I was with thought it was funny in its badness. iunno, it was clearly a spoof. every little thing was supposed to be overthetop. anyway, only thing that irked me was how much better Get Shorty</i> was. this was fine as a movie by itself though. lots of chuckles, lots of metacommentary on blah blah blah.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:21 pm

I started to watch Candyman 3... turned it off. Talk about network movie of the month.

Its so tv drama in feel (hollow sets, poor camerawork, festivals that only have one little section of stalls and they couldn't afford extras to fill out the rest, bee's that are bits of fluff stuck onto someone with a few real bees buzzing around, and all the other things that would be helpful to cover up the weak film), and the lead actress spends the entire whatever time it was before I swtiched off in sweat pants. Speaking of which, she's obviously been doing someone to get the part.

There's little bits of re-enactment that just wreak of those bits in House of the Dead.

Those who have seen candyman, know all about how good it is, but this one even attempts to lift bits (like the overwhelming power when candyman appear in front of the lead [where she's fighting to stay awake], where the lead in this case just can't carry the acting required to pull it off). This isn't helped by the fact that DJtalentless of the Sheffield 'massive' appears to have recorded the 'tunez' for this one, and well, adismal is an understatement. Its supposed to be atmospheric or at least not terrible ;) Given the quality of the original score too, that's not good.

Poor/pointless sequel to a good film. At least the second one was watchable.

Oh and I watched the awesome Kung Fu Hussle since my DVD arrived earlier this week (£7.99 :) )
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:52 am

Poor/pointless sequel to a good film

sure you didnt watch hellraiser IV - Bloodlines instead? or hellraiser 5, or Hellraiser whatever past 3
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 am

they're watchable, if not more than 2 star movies ;) As far as I can remember, Hellraiser 3 was worse than Hellraiser 4. Hellraiser 5 and 6 are about on par with hellraiser 3.

Not even terry farrel made hellraiser 3 any good.

Candyman 3 is worse than all of them.

Mimic 3 on the other hand, that's a franchise on its head, 3 is the best, then 1 is okay, and 2 is shit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:39 am

I thought 1 would have been an excellent movie if there was no such thing as Aliens. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:24 pm

saturday - watched Buying The Cow pretty good movie actually, very cruelly udnerrated comedy "dont hurt spidey hes my special friend" classic hehe

sunday - watched.......ah yes resident evil apocalypse, for some reason when i saw it in the i was so supremely and utterly dissappointed but watching it on dvd it didnt seem as crushing

today - my little eye - WHAT COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE, it was so easy, the best and pretty much only decent bit was the sex scene with some slutty slut and she wasnt even that attractive, doesnt say much for the film does it, throwaway script, crap acting in the most part, pretty straightforward fare
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:35 am

I saw The Machinist, why do they have to waste basicly good premises (and obviously an actor who's going above and beyond the call of duty).

Sure its been a bit tired down that path these days, but there's been some great films of similar vein. And on the bright side, at least it wasn't awful like Secret Window.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:09 am

after the amount of crappy films these days i dont know if i dare watch cube 0 because i really enjoyed cube 1 cube 2 wasnt too bad but a bit stupid in places, like the ending for instance
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:21 am

not even seen hypercube yet, I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

Just waiting for carnivale to finish downloading... that show is great, what an explosion of action of the past few episodes! :o

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica yet? :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:31 pm

its on my computer ready to watch just havent had the time recently, im gonna start it soon tho, pervirella finally got posted, next time ill NOT give it to my mum and say "will you post this?" took her god knows how long to post it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:29 am

Carnivale is still the best thing I've been watching in the past few weeks i can recall, been some great episodes lately :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General