The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:00 am

bah well that just solves it, i really despise sienfeld, its absolute shite
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:03 pm

better watch up your Carnivale now boyos. I don't think it's getting a season 3. people aren't watching and instead of deadwood, it leads into unscripted. :(

anyway, I like it.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:47 pm

i never watched series 1 and 2 of carnivale so i doubt ill notice :P
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:05 pm

Carnivale is one of the best things on tv, shame, but series two has only just started, and imo its started big and bold, and the pacing, despite claims to the contrary, imo is way faster than series one was. :) Methinks people have the illusion its going slowly because they want to see more of it, think about what happened in the space of three episodes, compare that to 3 episodes at the begining of series 1 and you'll see its going much quicker. Although still keeping us well out of the loop.

bah well that just solves it, i really despise sienfeld, its absolute shite

Seinfeld is beyond shite, is the demi-crap. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:52 pm

ah so seinfeld is in league with demi moore that explains it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:24 pm

Forgot to mention I saw the Metallica documentry, alright... just gonna watch Iron Maiden: Early Years methinks :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby John_Doe on Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:00 am

maxpayne2409, by the power invested in me, by some drunk guy at the bar....

When are the eps airing actually? Just so that I know when to look for the next ep...

I found ed2k: monkey.dust.s03e05.pdtv-iching.xvid.avi  [233.00 Mb] [Stats] but it only has one single source.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:20 pm

they air every tuesday night at around 10 on bbc3
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:54 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Carnivale is one of the best things on tv, shame, but series two has only just started, and imo its started big and bold, and the pacing, despite claims to the contrary, imo is way faster than series one was. :) Methinks people have the illusion its going slowly because they want to see more of it, think about what happened in the space of three episodes, compare that to 3 episodes at the begining of series 1 and you'll see its going much quicker. Although still keeping us well out of the loop.

yeah, the second season seems to be going at a rocket's pace - at least in terms of the good-evil-apacalyptic battle story arc. In fact, it might even be moving too fast. I don't want to demean carnivale by associating it with roswell, but roswell kind of died because it was too sappy the too sci-fi, not very balanced in the second season. 3rd was just trash. but anyway...carnivale kinda reminds me of that in a way.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:30 pm

I like to think roswell died because it was absolutely f*cking shite myself :wink:
:lol: :mrgreen:

I hated that show
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:16 pm

yet you liked the x-files? interesting.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:36 pm

how is roswell even remotely like x-files? :o

One's a little teenage girl's program like smallville, and the other is a paranormal investigation come horror-serial.

They are remotely similar how? How is a girly teen drama show like roswell anything like the X-files? You've completely lost me :?

You can only be talking about a different show... X-files might have died on its ass before ending, but at least it wasn't a little girl's wussy drama in anyway.

So your talking about a different Roswell or your talking about a different X-files. Its like comparing League of Gentlmen to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest :?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:36 am

like comparing the works of rob zombie to glenn miller, the only link i can see is one is a scifi ish based program (x files) and one is a scifi wannabe in the same vain that friends is a comedy wannabe, or posh spice victoria beckham is a "real musician" haha sorry i laughed too hard at the last bit and have ruptured my spleen
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:54 pm

Roswell is that one with the kids in a high school that was on Sky1, that nobody watched due to the fact it was terrible and sky pimped out as if it were God right?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't seem to think it was the slightest bit like The X-Files... we must have missed the episodes with the liver eating freak, and only the one where they all winge like pussies out of Dawson's Creak :lol:

:mrgreen:

"By the powers invested in me by a txt vote on Sky News... I pronounce Roswell a PAEDOPHILE!" :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:53 pm

boy & girl hunt for clues to aliens. their love/lust is overt cuz...well...it's a teen version of x-files. they chase after this possible alien guy who leaves mystery wherever he goes but they're always one step behind him. that only applies to the first season. then they find him. all mysteries are more or less revealed and it all becomes one mission or another or one soap scene or another (see smallville for the soapishness, carnivale for the 'uh oh, now we know the truth' rather than 'the truth is out there' dynamic). anyway, my point isn't that they're simiar cuz they're about aliens (substitute supernatural for 'aliens' in the case of carnivale), but their emplotment is similar</i> - not the same.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:12 pm

sorry thats the lamest tie in ever, they aren't anything alike at all :o

Similar because of one thing like they both had aliens in is a silly level of abstraction, since they really aren't similar in the slightest. They are nothing remotely alike apart from they're both about aliens (although X-files wasn't always about some major singular storyline, it was a serial), and that's also the weakest part of both programs imo.

It was a teen drama and it got axed cos it really, and I choose my words diplomatically, sucked donkey balls I'd hope. If you liked it fair dos and all but it wasn't remotely like X-files, I thought you were joking in some far-fetched way but obviously not :o "But you like x-files" WTF? :o

X-files was a cop show, but a cop show about freaky freaks or aliens, and all episodes were almost always independant of each other barring an increasingly infrequent, and weak, several parter episodes (and these really didn't come into fashion until a couple of series in).

Roswell was a teen drama about 3 pussies winging about their periods at school or whatever was hip this week, with these three idiots that were alien kings that were buttf*cked by some coup and then had their dna shoved in a rocket and fired at the earth (I was actually routing for the sun, but we can't wint them all...). Utter teen drivel. People rag on Buffy and Angel, at least they had a little bit of fighting and the odd bit of 'horror'.

Its a little girl's teen drama program vs a cop serial.

Similar as in a mountain is a grain of sand? Sorry dink, that doesn't tread water with me, I have seen them both btw.

Roswell is more like Dawson's Creek-come-Earth Final Conflict (Insert shit /bland/unoriginal show here) than anywhere remotely near X-files; similar, same, or identical, that's a negotory here good buddy ;)

So you like Carnivale but you don't like Snoopy? :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:17 pm

I saw the Taxi remake, it wasn't so bad as I would expect it to be.

But lets face it. the french Taxi wasn't really about story, it was about speed.

Gonna watch Blade Trinity in 2 hours (in theatre)

Let's see if it will be the worst of the 3
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:43 pm

I was going to watch Battlestar Galactica, but watched Monkey Dust series 3 instead :)

Mucha Sangre got a watching now there's subs.

Not seen Blade3, and I'm in no rush to see it to be honest.

Next film I'm looking forward to seeing is League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse, Star Wars Episode III (which will suck, baring an act of god) and Red Dwarf the movie (this one has a strong chance of sucking too, given the downfall after S6)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:05 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Not seen Blade3, and I'm in no rush to see it to be honest.

Next film I'm looking forward to seeing is League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse, Star Wars Episode III (which will suck, baring an act of god) and Red Dwarf the movie (this one has a strong chance of sucking too, given the downfall after S6)

Blade 3 was more or less the same with some extra humour from Ryan.

Are you sure SWep3 is gonna suck? I've high hopes this will be the better one of the 3, it has darth vader in it dammit
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:54 pm

el marichi.... erm didnt lucas have high hopes of episode 1 and look how that turned out

spud, i also look forward to seeing l.o.g movie and red dwarf movie and i also agree about hwo red dwarf went downhill after series 6, didnt one of the main writers leave just after that? doug grant or rob naylor? which would explain it a lot

i cant bring myself to watch blade 3... or 2 for that matter after i watched blade 1 and it stunk like a dead skunk whose been rotting in the sun on a dusty desert road for 2 weeks while being used as the local latrine for a pack of coyotes who after having been on a fruit only diet have got a really bad case of the shits.... hmmm i forget now was i talking about blade

and dinky.... words cannot express the sheer level of ashamed disgust i now have, i mean at least storm was just 1 film, but roswell thats a whole 20+ (probably) episodes per season for god knows how long :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General