The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:34 pm

latest ep of veronica mars</i>. it's not as good as the first two seasons by a long shot so far. it also annoys me that I think I'm looking at sarah michelle gellar half the time. they have to be trying for that effect. other than being blonde, it's not particularly attractive - just highlights a big ole witch's nose.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:24 pm

isn't Veronica Mars a cartoon?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:00 pm

no
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:41 pm

oh
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:54 pm

latest smallville</i> was good. last week's was better. having green arrow there seems to have upped the quality of the series.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 pm

i aagree dink, the green arrow is definately a better inclusion in the series, much much better then aquatard was, i think ep 9 is meant to be a Justice League episode

i had a feeling there would be some kryptonite induced stuff somewhere in this ep but i thought maybe it was lionel working on duncans dead body and bringing him back as a ghost or something

anyway watched heroes 1-5 aswell bloody awesome it is
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:58 pm

running with scissors</i>. the preview was very funny. don't bother watching the movie. a bunch of people 10 years older (at least!) than what they're trying to portray. lots of absurd "plot twists" that are sometimes funny, but mostly not. and how the fuck you can make rachel evan wood so damn hot and then make her a completely platonic, non-entity in the film. it's a bio-pic based on a bio-book. but it's really just b-oring.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby phozz on Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 am

I just saw an episode of The Unit. Not too bad.
Last movie would be The Devil's Rejects, which I liked a lot.
Anybody seen it ?
phozz
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:23 am

watched latest ep of Never mind the buzzcocks (uk music/comedy panel show) new presenter, mark lamarr has left and simon amstell has taken over. he didnt do a bad job i suppose
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:01 pm

Steve Irwin was on south park, papers made so much out of nothing as always. Its kind of sad, i think the only people who get offended by south park are those that are completely unwilling to debate things ie. christians, celebrities, etc.

Not the first time steve irwin has been on south park either ("now i'm gonna shove my finger up its bottom.... oh yeah, its really pissed now"). lol @ biggy smalls :lol:

Jericho, still not doing much for me.... heros is really enjoyable, recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it and likes tv shows of the same demographics.

Last movie would be The Devil's Rejects, which I liked a lot.
Anybody seen it ?

imo, really overrated, people go round saying its a 5 star movie when in reality its more of a 3 and a 1/2 at best. I'm not overly impressed with Rob Zombie's directing (its good, but i don't think he's a master of horror as people make out), its a little shallow and glossy for my tastes.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed the movie though :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:31 pm

haha yeah i was reading the paper at work today and theres was a bit in it about the steve irwin south park bit, blowing it all out of proportion, stupid idiot sun writer.

That ep of south park was good, it was by no means classic but it is one of the better ones i thought, i was suprised saddam didnt pop up at least once though, maybe in a george bush costume or something

the 3 murderes spoofing the 3 stooges made me chuckle
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:14 pm

watched Superman Returns, in all fairness i thought Brandon ROuth didn't do *that* bad a job of playing supes, Lois on the other hand was a fucking retard, as was her husband, the bit where the little kid nearly dies of a spaz attack when he realises that clark is superman was hilarious. i did laugh at the bit between lois and lex aswell on board the boat

lex: go on say it, just once you know what i mean
lois: your mad youll never get away with this
lex: no not that one the other one, go on you knwo you want to say it
lois: superman will st....
lex: WROOOOOOONG

i kinda figured out tho that her
Spoiler:
son would be supermans son really, and not her human husbands, although if he allegedly has never had sex with anyone then erm.... yeah

watched Click last night aswell simply coz the hoff & Christopher Walken were in it, it was fucking utterly shit, although Walken did amusingly once again play
Spoiler:
the angel of death, which reminded me of that other good series of films, the prophecy 1-3 (4-5 erm.. shut up

also watched some more HIGNFY and Q.I and just watched last nights torchwood, the ep was ok but the trailer for next weeks looks awesome
Spoiler:
they find a cyber conversion unit and its got cybermen in W00T
so its gonna rock
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:37 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:watched Click last night aswell simply coz the hoff & Christopher Walken were in it, it was fucking utterly shit, although Walken did amusingly once again play
Spoiler:
the angel of death, which reminded me of that other good series of films, the prophecy 1-3 (4-5 erm.. shut up

I actually liked superman returns</i>...and a lot more than the christopher reeves movies. I just don't like all the hamming-up that they did with the older movies. the humor was fine, but it shouldn't dominate the way it did in the 70s/80s encarnations.

in contrast, the bad guys in burton's batman</i> movies were able to be comical without having to take the whole movie as one long joke.

anyway...I also liked click!</i> up until the last 10 minutes or so. I felt really suckered cuz I knew better than to take an adam sandler movie seriously, and I did anyway. btw: kate beckinsale is AMAZING(ly gorgeous).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:22 am

the only thing i agree with you there was on the kate beckinsale thing :lol: but as we all know i like the reeve superman movies and prefer adam west batman over the others simply because batman (i won't use the word superhero because he isn't) should be played for camp laughs, not to be taken seriously, i don't like serious batman asmuch, although i will admit i prefer the michael keaton batman over kilmer and especially over clooney, i just cant be bothered watching batman begins.

with regards to click, yeah when it started trying to get all serious near the end it just looked tacked on for some sort of attempt at appealing to women like "oooh theres some emotional crap"

haha talking about batman and adam sandler, can you just imagine if adam sandler played batman in his billy madison style "HEY PENGUIN.... YOU SUCK JACKASS"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:16 am

doesn't he try to fuck the penguin?

lookout danny!

I was cool with click!</i> being serious. in fact, I liked it. what I absolutely hated was the obvious (in retrospect) christmas carol</i> resolution. I would have thought it was a very good movie if it just ended in the parking lot - ended badly for the protagonist.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Truba on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:26 pm

I saw Panic in year zero!
6/10
good for B/C film in 1960.ies but sometimes boring and predictable
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:41 pm

what's a penguin doing out here, you've escaped from the zoo penguin
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:07 pm

heh. now I wanna watch billy madison.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:58 pm

that's just the feeling i had while typing that too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:12 am

kiss kiss bang bang</i> (2005). it's written and directed by shane black (creator of lethal weapon and last boy scout). iunno why imbd says 2005. I'm pretty certain it was new this september. but maybe it's taken me a year to see it.

anyway...awesome movie. this is last boy scout</i> stuff (as opposed to last action hero</i> or long kiss goodnight</i>). in fact, I would describe it as a more or less indie version of last boy scout</i> with more emphasis on verbal humor...or maybe a comical noir (think l. a. confidential</i> done for laughs).

shane black is a writer/director I'd definitely like to see do more of his own stuff like this.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General