The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:08 pm

i pity the foo! who watches anything TCM related sucka, if you dare scratch my van wit' yo chainso i'm gonna throw you like i threw that crazy howling murdoch sucka..... Hannibal's on the jazz again

(clocking up my bush points there to give to dinky, he's saving for a war)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:40 pm

supercross</i> - not good but as good as expected.

unforgiven</i> - awesome.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Demon Wind? Infect rip? :mrgreen:

unforgiven - awesome.

Dinky likes cowboy films! Dinky likes cowboy films! :lol:

Its about 1/12th as awesome as Fistful and OUATITW :) But then leone was just a great director. Good film though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:29 pm

well...it's more of a meditation on killing than a "cowboy film." I mean, it's a western and all. I'm just sayin' what makes it great isn't really in competition with the spaghetti westerns. it's more of a psychology/pathology study:
Unforgiven wrote: BEAUCHAMP:
Actually, then, Mr. Corchran was faster on the draw than The Duck--- than E--English Bob

LITTLE BILL:
Faster? Faster was his mistake. If he hadn't been in such a god damned hurry, he wouldn't have shot himself in the toe with that first shot, he would have killed ol' Bob. Look, son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill you.

BEAUCHAMP:
But if the other fella is quicker and fires first---

LITTLE BILL:
then he'll be hurrying and he'll miss. Look here (stands up and pulls his pistol) That's about as fast as I can draw and aim and hit anything more than ten feet away, unless it's a barn.

BEAUCHAMP:
But if he doesn't miss?

LITTLE BILL:
Then he'll kill you. (laughs) That's why there's so few dangerous men around like old Bob. Like me. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-bitch is shooting back at you. I mean, that'll just flat rattle some folks. (both laugh) Let me show you something...

Unforgiven wrote: KID:
You know how I said I shot five men? It weren't true. That mexican that come at me with a knife, I just busted his leg with a shovel. I didn't kill him neither.

MUNNY:
Well, you sure killed the hell out of that fella today.

KID:
Hell ya! (Drinks, on the verge of tears) I killed the hell out of him, didn't I. Three shots and he was taking a shit!

MUNNY:
(Looking at him) Take a drink, Kid.

KID:
(Drinks) Jesus Christ. It don't seem real. How he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever. And the other one, too. All on accoiunt of pulling a trigger.

MUNNY:
It's a hell of a thing , killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

KID:
Yeah. Well, I guess they had it coming.

MUNNY:
We all have it coming, kid.

Unforgiven wrote: LITTLE BILL:
I don't deserve this. To die like this. I was building a house.

MUNNY:
Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

LITTLE BILL:
I'll see you in hell, William Munny.

MUNNY:
(Cocks rifle) Yeah.

man. I'd forgotten how great that stuff was. nemesis in its most morally ambiguous best. only thing I wish is that Little Bill wasn't quite so villainized. He's doing what is right, really. And so is the younger cowboy who gets assassinated.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:39 am

the graduate</i>. movie was alright. soundtrack was awesome.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:10 pm

wedding crashers</i>. didn't wanna watch something new since I was kinda sleepy. decided on something light. was this or supertroopers</i>. went with this. enjoy the banter more, I guess.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:19 pm

i would've gone with supertroopers myself, best of a bad bunch, i despised wedding crashers, except for isla fisher mostly.

God i think i'm getting such a clue right now

got night of the living dead spec. ed from play today, only came out today too woohoo
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:31 pm

what's on the special edition disc that makes it any better than the plethora of $5 discs flooding the market? (s'not sarcasm. genuinely curious)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby tweye on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Unforgiven is super uber cool! it' not like you have the good one, the bad one, the ugly one. the characters' natures are all mixed up. you cant compare it with leone's work. it's on another level.
e.g. when the guy who got shot in the belly by Munny is dying and asking for some water, Munny says tho the guy's friends "give him some goddamn water, we dont shoot" or something like that. how come a cold blooded murder says something like that? Why a person who killed people like flies cares about the one who just killed?
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:29 pm

NotLD has a new transfer and has a documentary featuring tobe hooper, wes craven, sam raimi etc, the dvd only cost £9.99 brand new
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:04 pm

swounds! sounds interesting.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 pm

im gonna watch it later so will let you know
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:36 am

latest ep of veronica mars</i>. was ok. nothing special. worst ep this season.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:39 am

haven't got round to watching notld yet, been too busy playing Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:05 pm

this week's smallville was quite good. all I can really compare it to is the Aquaman ep, and it blows that out of the water (oh the humanity!).

guess they'll be trying to spin a green arrow series as soon as what's-his-face departs smallville.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:11 pm

hmm concidering how aquaman bombed they might not, but then again aquaman is the worlds most piss poor attempt at a superhero ever, and his creators should hang their heads in shame
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:37 pm

:lol:

there's always Jubilee on X-Men. :wink:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:44 pm

in the words of south park style jennifer lopez "Wa? Oh no you di'ernt" :lol:

yes Jubilee does suck but still, shes a woman so she is allowed to be a shit superhero, aquamans just a faggot, gay, uphill Digger, fudge packer, farscape fan, chuffter, butt monkey, justin timberlake, backdoor thief, arse bandit, bumrusher etc etc i really don't like aqua at all lol

still watching my way through MacGyver season 2, my god does that episode with the eagles suck dinkyballs or what?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:40 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:in the words of south park style jennifer lopez "Wa? Oh no you di'ernt" :lol:

yes Jubilee does suck but still, shes a woman so she is allowed to be a shit superhero, aquamans just a faggot, gay, uphill Digger, fudge packer, farscape fan, chuffter, butt monkey, justin timberlake, backdoor thief, arse bandit, bumrusher etc etc i really don't like aqua at all lol

still watching my way through MacGyver season 2, my god does that episode with the eagles suck dinkyballs or what?

:rofl:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Lol i wondered if anybody would actually sit there and read all the gay insults, i knew that would prove one way or another :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General