The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:11 am

recently watched John Doe's rip of S.F.W...not a bad movie :) and then a few TV releases, first off was 5ive days to midnight...really enjoyed this mini series well worth a watch :D secondly been watching Tru Calling...another good show IMO....and besides its always worth watching Eliza Dushku run around :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:28 am

mmm eliza, she was a reason i watched it too, shes about the only thing that made wrong turn watchable, but tru calling was good in its own right, so was 5ive days to midnight
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:48 am

urrgghh U honestly liked Tru/Poo Calling? I've seen it on Sky1 and I have to honestly say it was one of the biggest piles of crappy trash I'd ever seen in my life. Thats the kind of shit they really should cancel after 3 episodes lol. There was one that was a rip off of flatliners or something.

Damn so its you two that cause such crap to be put out such drivel?
"We are not amused...."

:mrgreen:

Seriously... phewee! :lol:

@max, according to the file info, that's a custom made DVDr of TVrips and not a retail DVD copy of Season one. Did you mean it was a DVDr and not a DVD?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:57 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:its pronounced Zed...

so "double you (U), ex (X), why (Y), and zed (Z)"? interesting. I can understand why they'd want to change it. rather end my A, B, Cs with an emphasized syllable. ok, imma language geek. :oops:

maxpayne2409 wrote:incidently from what i hear from friends who grew up in america in american schools the spelling is actually taught as honour and colour (correct spellings) then in later life it seems they just choose to get lazy and spell it as color and honor

mmm...nope. maybe a prep school; they're pretty famous for revering the 'old ways,' but that's definitely a -1 on the 2nd grade spelling test in any public school...at least in NYS. in fact, it looks so wrong to us because</i> we get conditioned early to "drop" the U (actually, I think they advocate "acceptance" of the many different colours of the English language, but well after kids are taught how it 'should' be spelled). Then we start reading british lit. around high school, and it's like they can't spell (doesn't help that they're Victorian serializ</i>ed novels with never ending sentences either). :P
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:24 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:urrgghh U honestly liked Tru/Poo Calling? I've seen it on Sky1 and I have to honestly say it was one of the biggest piles of crappy trash I'd ever seen in my life. Thats the kind of shit they really should cancel after 3 episodes lol. There was one that was a rip off of flatliners or something.

Damn so its you two that cause such crap to be put out such drivel?
"We are not amused...."

:mrgreen:

Seriously... phewee! :lol:

:lol: well me and wifey liked it :P

and good news is apparently another season will be made :mrgreen:

and yeah there was a definate rip-off of Flatliners in one episode....but hey...that was a good movie so if ya gonna rip something off might aswell be a good movie :D
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:19 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:its pronounced Zed

Whose chopper is this?
It's Zed's.
Where's Zed?
Zed's dead baby! Zed's dead.

maxpayne2409 wrote:incidently from what i hear from friends who grew up in america in american schools the spelling is actually taught as honour and colour (correct spellings) then in later life it seems they just choose to get lazy and spell it as color and honor

Grew up where? In an old colony town? I've never heard anyone here ever being taught to use the extra U in either word. Just people getting away with spelling it wrong cause the old country spells it that way, not the new country.

Bassline wrote:and besides its always worth watching Eliza Dushku run around :mrgreen:

maxpayne2409 wrote:mmm eliza, she was a reason i watched it too, shes about the only thing that made wrong turn watchable

Have either of you 2 seen my favorite Eliza flick, The New Guy?

http://eliza-d.com/cap_view.php?catl=2&setfeat=12
Last edited by mw2merc on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:27 am

yup i have seen the new guy....can't remember too much about it though.....although i think it kinda reminded me of another teen comedy can't buy me love
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:09 pm

mw2merc wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:its pronounced Zed

Whose chopper is this?
It's Zed's.
Where's Zed?
Zed's dead baby! Zed's dead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:30 pm

hehe... i think in international english its Zed too isn't it? and when the US gets wiped out by mutant communist chinese men, know one will know the small select gathering of bastardisation of english... z instead of s indeed. genral-eye-zee-tion :lol:

"ITS IN REVELATIONS PEOPLE!"
:lol:

@dinky, it was the same here... we had to read *sigh* 'The "color" Purple' and when writing the title you have to purposely spell it wrong everytime you mention it :lol: Then again, Celie can't spell / write / talk properally so that does help explain why its wrong :lol:

@bassline... damn another season :roll: There needs to be some serious reforms in networks stateside methinks. I'll get my coat... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:47 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:@bassline... damn another season :roll: There needs to be some serious reforms in networks stateside methinks. I'll get my coat... :mrgreen:

i'd rather watch Tru Calling/5 Days to midnight/10.5/salems lot (2004)tv and many other stateside productions than the dire shite they keep knocking out on our own TV networks lately......i can't think of one show thats is relatively new in the UK that has been as good as any i mentioned, besides possibly the odd comedy (LeagueofGentleman)...but in the sci-fi/drama/action genre's it's complete wank in the UK......all the best UK stuff spans back to the early 90's and before as far as i can think atm :wacky:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:13 pm

my friend grew up in maryland, yesah ive seen the new guy and cant buy me love, the new guy had that scrawny twat from road trip in too who after being publically embarassed in his old school leaves and gets transfered to a really rough school, i believe i thas eliza in a hot short pleated skirt too bouncing her pom poms around..... erm brb i have to go get a cold shower :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:24 pm

.i can't think of one show thats is relatively new in the UK that has been as good as any i mentioned, besides possibly the odd comedy (LeagueofGentleman)...but in the sci-fi/drama/action genre's it's complete wank in the UK......all the best UK stuff spans back to the early 90's and before as far as i can think atm

Firstly I wasn't on about States vs. Uk, I was on about good vs. piss poor. And how the networks always cancel their best shows, Fox ditched Futurama, arguably firefly, Warner dropped angel, scifi dropped farscape, etc. :lol: As for comedies you mentioned, LOG isn't particularly new... try Monkey Dust, Garth Marengi's Darkplace, Bo Selecta.. etc. hell The Keith Barret Show is on right now on BBC2 as I type so there's definitely no shortage there.

Sci-fi drama shows in the uk? They've always been pretty wank interspersed with some decent ones in my opinion. But my comment was on Tru Calling and it being terrible, and the surprise that people actually like it (i was expecting it to die but then you and max said u liked it :o ), why not watch a decent american show instead? please... I don't want it on sky1 :lol: There's quite a few better shows about anyway, although many are finishing/being cancelled. Hell even Stephen *smegging* King's Kingdom Hospital is better than Tru Calling imo, and they cancelled that :o They go ahead and cancel the best and the go for crappy chick shows like Tru Calling, Dead Like Me, Carmed, etc. Totally drives me nuts :lol: Women must be more consistant tv viewers, its the only thing I can think of that can justify the shows the signon and the ones they cancel. It's always the best ones that go way too early.

I hear Carnivale is starting back up soon, so it won't be nearly as shitty about the place :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:00 pm

good vs piss poor ?...then you go and talk about angel?......now that was piss poor in my eyes :lol: but i'm not gonna go on and type a paragraph or so against it.....i'll just shut up and say again :P i like Tru calling :lol: and it's a good job we all don't like the same thing otherwise TV programming would seriously be shite 24/7...which actually it ain't far off now :wacky:

stick a fork in me...... :mrgreen:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:03 pm

Bassline wrote:
stick a fork in me...... :mrgreen:

I could'nt find a fork so .......Image
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:08 pm

well hopefully sky1 will drop it... damn did I really say that? Everyone knows its just a puppet to wat shows are put out in the states.

BTW, angel was one of sky1s most highest rated shows. Hence why they offered to foot the bill to pick up angel again.

Seriously though, angel has fighting and monster in it, and lots of blood to boot (none of that pg shit in sight, 18 all the way :) ). Tru Calling is like... err chick crap :lol: Next you'll be saying you watch shit like Big Brother and Queer eye for the house Boy or whatever the crap is called :lol:

Just joshing... if your into that shit fair enough, just try and keep it off my channel... its pisses me off nearly as much as voyager repeats, or those crappy Living it up in Grimsby or Most Extreme Errections that Tru Calling is slap bang in the middle off. The so called crap-of-the-minute spot, starts just after the simpsons and ends just before the simpsons next day. Used to be alright at one time when they had the rights to some decent shows, I remember some greats had occupied that slot, Total Recall 2070, Futurama, Angel, etc... but then they got cancelled stateside and uk viewing figures don't mean crap to them.

/me points and laughs

As long as you don't like Charmed or Dead Like Me, or any other one of those shows... :fruity:

:lol:

ps. I was waiting on a max reply... they are more fun to tease/argue with :lol: Tru Calling indeed... the only calling is for cancelation!
/me looks around
Bugger it... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:38 pm

chick crap it may be (in your blinded eyes :P ) but hell it's got Eliza in it so i'm gonna watch it even if i thought it was crap as you say (which it isn't) :D

i guess Sky had good viewing figures for angel as you obviously made it your duty in life to try and make us all see it as a good show cuz it, in your words
angel has fighting and monster in it, and lots of blood to boot (none of that pg shit in sight, 18 all the way )

and just cuz it has these it makes it good?.....no....but then i guess you can drivel on more and more paragraphs about how great it is as thats what you like (which is fair enough) everyone IS entitled to like shows to there own preference.....i just disagree with yours as you do mine :lol:

as for max he can't make it to his comp right now he's watching Charmed :lol:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:05 pm

no it doesn't make it good or anything, I was just making a comment about it being a damn sight more attention worthy and you get huge story arcs because of it, rather than watching some depressed lass run round trying to solve a crime cos some kid injected heroine because his dad didn't like him/her or whatever this weeks episode will be. :lol: That stuff gets on my tits and unfortunately, because there's no motivation for repeat viewings i never do. Even if you don't like angel, which is understandable (unless ur one of those guys that has only seen one episode from series one and then said its crap), it still would be a more worthy watch on the most basic level I'd have thought... but obviously there's something that wasn't in the 2 episodes or so of Tru Calling that makes it watchable that I missed.

I take it then that the flatliners episode was the worst by a long way in the series? Because if that's the 'quality', then I really haven't missed judged it and that scares me :lol: *blam* Well it wasn't very impressive anyway.

lol @ the max comment... I wouldn't sit idley by and take that.

Now lets have no more comments about shows about a girl who is struggling to do some mundane rubbish each week... next thing we know someone changes the subject and we'll be on Heartbeat or some other crap, and then I really might top myself :lol:

Tru Calling indeed! :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:24 pm

so lets talk Hearbeat..... :twisted:

someone give spud a gun/knife/sharp implement/boxset of angel so he can do the deed :mrgreen:

as for angel...watched a few episodes here and there from various seasons but i've blanked them from my memory so can't really remember much and don't feel i need to remember em :wacky:

tru calling....Flatliners episode....yeah was pretty lame..i'll give ya that :P....but IMO it does get better as the series goes on and as it goes on you are slowly given more details to how and why she has the "calling" but no matter what i say aboot it you'll not watch/like it any more so..... :)

now where's max?...must be a complete season of charmed he's watching tonight :lol:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:33 pm

*sigh* I'll have to watch another episode I guess before I can take the piss (damn it! :lol:). But there aren't too many 'serious' shows I can watch without any kind of story ark ... whats the point (hell even the Ark of the Covenant is more favourable... and that mealts your face). It would be like watching shakespeare in mime.... actually thats quite a scarey thought (although Macbeth in canadian is funny, "oh no I am slain buddah!" :lol:)

I take it you didn't like buffy either? I only liked some of buffy, but it was always a lame girly version of angel (actually that isn't fair, they weren't really anything a like) so I never bothered with it much.

lol he'll be at the series finale by now, it will be either a wedding, one of them broke a nail, or one of them got dumped. could be worse... he could be watching Roswell! or something :-o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:50 pm

watch all 20 episodes :lol: i'm on ep 16 atm :)

Buffy....nah didn't like that much either...watched occasional episodes here and there also *yawn* :mrgreen:

max where for art thou max?.....Charmed series 5 episode 157 i reckon :lol:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General