The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:00 pm

and heres me thinking the end bit would be what you loved as it meant ti was over :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:03 pm

bad choice of word, retracted.

As you might have guessed, i thought visually there were some very nice looking scenes. It looked glossy, like all holiwood actions but the blood fields and the 'war' scenes looked great. The action was a lot more 'hurried' and seemed like real panic rather than full blown set pieces like in say, plucking a film from thin air, Episode 3 or another 0-substance movie.

However, the first thing i noticed was the AR, it was really odd. Does anyone know why speilberg chose something like that, it was kind of obvious something was a bit off. Quite, quite odd.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:10 pm

no. things looked stretched or the AR isn't standard at all?

2 more eps of 24</i> s4.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:59 pm

It looked like open matte if anything, perhaps it was just that. My brother had rented it from a dvd rental place. What was the theatrical AR, 1.83:1?

It was more like 1.6:1, like the footage from those DV cameras.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby anarchoid on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 pm

the last movie, what i saw: Ice pirates, + the first season of "Medium"
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:50 pm

finished 24</i> s4. watched the 15 minute s5 prequel. good series. contemplating watching it week-to-week. I can actually get it in hd.

started empire</i>. stopped when luke went to dagoba and han parked in the asteroid. tbc.
:twisted:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:26 am

watched Equilibrium, okay its a 1984 ripoff and its a matrix ripoff but all the same its still quite watchable.

After that i watched Evolution ... no reason why, just because i could. Its no ghost busters but very watchable in the same vein, albiet without the classic acting and storyline, and... well everything.

I've watched the last BSG, just to get in the mood. Really excellent, really B5... can't wait for the new series... not long now. Found someone who knows how good it is... was really random, but quite amazing to find someone who knows wtf i'm talking about for a change. He had BSG has his desktop background which started the whole "see people, i'm right... this guy knows what i'm talking about" argument about BSG being one of the best new series around (which btw he obviously agreed on and promptly lent his BSG miniseries dvd to someone).

apologies for those that stomach the abbreviation BSG, but... well it is that, so take one for the team. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:33 pm

i agree with equilibrium it is good (i prefer it over matrix easily, especially those 2 girly/faggy sequels), ive got evolution on dvd, infact along with tremors 3 and minority report it was the first dvd i ever got, dont remember much about it though, apart from having to kill the alien by giving it an enema
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:07 pm

ivan reitman? iunno how you dumb down ghostbusters (awesome movie but not exactly rocket science). I guess you stuff it with less talented actors and a tired director. anyway, the one time I watched it, I grew increasingly annoyed that for all the (many) apparent differences, this was nothing more than a watered down ghostbusters. so once I realized that, I had a hard time enjoying the movie at all.

caught the last half hour of BSG mini-series IN HD. huh ha! das right, bay-bay: Universal HD is now carried by my local cable provider. me gonna get BSG in HD! Oddly enough, they still haven't delivered on the WB (broadcast) HD. but I gets a pretty decent reception on that pup with the ATI HD card and an amplified HD antenna.

anyway...watched 2 eps of entourage</i> s2.

watched to the point han gets frozen in empire.

equillibrium, fine flick. noway it's better than matrix unless you go the route of doing more with less, cuz they had a lot less money to throw at it and clearly got more bang per buck. why even mention the sequels? foo!
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:40 pm

yes how silly of me, we shall forget the sequels ever existed coz they are complete utter shite, but yes i think you will find equilibrium is better then matrix for the soul reason that, it ruled and ive seen it twice whereas ive only watched matrix once, and annoying people at college didnt bum up to it like they did with the matrix thinking they were neo and shit, lame ass duck lords
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:25 am

well, we're all little anti-establishment individualists...in a conformist way.

just got back from the jennifer aniston flick rumor has it </i>. it's basically a whole movie homage to the graduate</i> with nothing at all to add or establish itself as a movie in its own right. however, aniston is just too damn attractive. she could mrs. robinson me anytime.

been playing a lot of galaxian and pac man last couple days. little namco plug 'n' play joystick. also has other games, but they all suck
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:26 am

awww man what happened to the good theme? nice inclusion of the ace top bar bit tho :)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:36 am

reading for yourself helps:
viewtopic.php?t=674
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:40 am

if i ever checked that section i might have read it but i dont, but i have now, so erm yeah.....

incidently how are we meant to add our ideas like you ask when the thread is locked???

incidently comment posting on mainsite doesnt work
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:47 am

Well this is just it, you posted the same thing in two threads, there's new topic notification which shows all new replies since your last post andthere's an entire section for that
viewforum.php?f=1
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:50 am

did i? fair enough i'll let you off then :lol: btw is it a bank holiday tomorrow do you know?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:55 am

Tomorrow as in later today?

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk ... idays.html
According to that it is.

If you mean the 3rd, no i think its normal.

btw. i turned the comment system on again, must have left it off.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:57 am

yeah i mean later today, cheers, wasnt sure if i had to go to work or not, if its a bank holiday i dont if it isnt i do, if i couldnt find out i was just gonna not go and see if they rang me up to see where i was :lol: , its only argos after all, so a chav might have to wait a little longer to get their crazy frog stuffed toy (i kid ye not :o ) then so be it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:32 pm

finished empire. watched jedi.

college football today. I'm typing naked at my computer. thought you'd like the mental image. return to trying to finish your bagel.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:28 pm

dinky wrote:return to trying to finish your bagel.

Bagels = disgusting tramp food :wacky:

just watched The Island, have to say i did rather enjoy it, and scarlet johannson PHWOOOOR i was never a big fan of her from pics i saw in magazines but since seeing her in..ahem action as it were ive changed my mind

i know the premise behind the film has been done before in varying other films but i still liked it and tbh bearing in mind it was set in the not so distant future i could see it actually being partially based on a possible reality in parts.... except ewan macgregor ever being able to pull scarlet :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General