The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:18 pm

SW
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:40 pm

damn dinky, you watched episode 3? Your xmas must have really sucked.. :lol:

hehe, i'm not buying it till it drops in price, no way lucas deserves full rrp for that film. When its about £5 i'll get it to complete the set, but its simply not worth the price its at now.

Anyway, over the past days when i've not been drunk or asleep i've watched:
A Chinese Odyssey Part 1 and 2 (funny shit!),
From Beijing with Love.
King of Comedy,
and
Duck! You Sucker!

Stephen Chow movies were hilarious, just makes american comedies look utterly pathetic and they do them on a tiny budget in comparison.

Duck! You Sucker! isn't as famous as Fistful of Dollars trilogy, but its in no way unworthy of being held in the same regard. Its closest to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in terms of scale, it is lots and lots of battle scenes, this time in the mexican revolution and not the american civil war. In many aways its far harsher with the huge execution scenes... Lead actors are awesome in it too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:01 pm

episode 4, actually. I don't like to refer to it as ANH cuz it looks kinda silly, and it really is (for me anyway) Star Wars. There's SW. Empire. Jedi. THEN you can get into ep1/TPM, ep2/AotC, ep3/RotS. don't ask me why I have it filed this way, but I do, and I don't give a damn if it's right cuz it's already hardwired.
:lol:

I'm trying to work up the nerve to see 1-6 in succession. I'm on break from uni, so it's really not a big deal. the trick will be getting past the first 4 hours. also plugged in the bonus disc from the original trilogy. the only stuff I've actually been through thoroughly is the clone wars cds and the episode 3 discs. in fact...now that I think about it, I've never actually watched the indiana jones trilogy on dvd despite paying top dollar to shelve it the second it came out.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:25 pm

THEN you can get into ep1/TPM

you can never get into ep1 tpm :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:21 am

how did I not see that coming? my senses must be clouded by the blah blah blah
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:32 pm

oh its just that you said you got ep3 for xmas sso i assumed you meant that one. I call the first one SW too :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:53 pm

one more episode of the new statesman left to watch then i have to find a new program to watch every night befor ei go to bed
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:10 pm

24</i> s4. discs 1 & 2.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:07 pm

I've been playing on Stubbs the Zombie on the xbox, i just burnt it off and its quite fun. Nice sense of humour (lol @ the explosion and the dive over the sheep).

I just wonder how feasible a more 'realistic' zombie vs a city game would be. Setting up sniper points, and controlling zombies and taking over districts of a city. Could be hella cool. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 pm

isnt there a game coming out like that though? even though i think its an rts game

i dlded stubbs for the pc but cant get it to work, might try again tho as while typing this i realise i made the fundamental mistake of actually forgetting to look for a crack :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:32 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I just wonder how feasible a more 'realistic' zombie vs a city game would be. Setting up sniper points, and controlling zombies and taking over districts of a city. Could be hella cool. :)

iirc, stubs can actually move fairly quickly, can't he? never actually played it. seen a few demos.

they'd have to really speed-up the zombies to make it interesting, I think. otherwise, you're just "controlling" a really really slow ass tidal wave. spend more time jumping from one zombie to another than actually doing anything on the map.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:36 pm

i tell u what does look pretty cool, dead rising (working title) from capcom, i know you dont play as the zombie but u can grab one by the legs whewn u knock it over and swing it round to knock away other zombies :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:38 pm

iirc, stubs can actually move fairly quickly, can't he? never actually played it. seen a few demos.

He can go at a light jog type speed, I wouldn't say he's quick.

But he can drive jeeps and call other zombies, push zombies, etc.

they'd have to really speed-up the zombies to make it interesting, I think. otherwise, you're just "controlling" a really really slow ass tidal wave. spend more time jumping from one zombie to another than actually doing anything on the map.

I'm confident you can find the balance, its just i don't think anyones bothered to date.

Could be great in co-op vs a zombie seige :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:41 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:They'd have to really speed-up the zombies to make it interesting, I think. otherwise, you're just "controlling" a really really slow ass tidal wave. spend more time jumping from one zombie to another than actually doing anything on the map.

I'm confident you can find the balance, its just i don't think anyones bothered to date.

Could be great in co-op vs a zombie seige :)

yeah that sounds like the RTS theyre bringing out, you can play as human or zombie and co-op with other players on your team aswell, but yeah an fps/3ps/action game would be sweet, i always thought the original dawn fo the dead would work great as a max payne style 3rd person shooter
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:49 pm

will probably suck as an rts if its not handled right, action adventure is the way to go for that kind of game. Would be what i would choose to do if i had the time to make a game.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:58 pm

and presumably the money too, and the development team, hehe we could see the very first forum developed game

incidently i ran stubbs, upped the res to 1600x1200 which is what i run every game on, but for some reason stubbs jsut plays in teh background and i cant do anything like... change the res back down :lol: , every other game that i dont need it for comes with a load in safe mode option, but not stubbs the hobo :evil:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:53 am

what did you expect? he literally ate his family for breakfast.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:24 pm

actually it was the evening he ate his family in, a late supper. Its one short ass game btw, finished it on hard already :lol:

Watched War of the Worlds (the cruise one) and honestly, its not as bad as some people make out... not by half. Its not brilliant or anything, but people were making out as though it stinks and is completely meritless.

Also watched, The Exorcism of Emily Rose which is a nice movie. Works really well how they built it round the courtroom and did the re-enactments based on the character's testimonies.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby GingerWarrior on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:57 pm

just watched Aeon Flux. Don't know if this has been said before but ... "Logan's Run with boobies?"
GingerWarrior
42?

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:40 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Watched War of the Worlds (the cruise one) and honestly, its not as bad as some people make out... not by half. Its not brilliant or anything, but people were making out as though it stinks and is completely meritless.

I don't know about meritless. I enjoyed the "cellar scenes" where a lot of people said they were shit. I thought it was the best part of the movie. but the ending really pissed me off. I wanted my money back.

2 more discs of 24</i> s4.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General