The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:19 pm

drive me crazy</i>

deleted scenes from episode 3 (4 scenes? are you fucking shitting me? that's all the unused footage? bullshit).

anyone know where I can get a copy of the magazine that details all of the republic army clones. explains the red shocks, vader's legion, cody's crew, etc.? I've seen bits and pieces online here: http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/clones2.htm (yes, I'm getting into customizing these guys). most of those pics are scans from some book but it doesn't say what. twas my motivation for going through the extras dvd. but that has nothing interesting on it. except it's kinda interesting that the extras disc is larger than the movie disc.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:53 pm

is drive me crazy that film with melissa joan hart? unconvincingly playing a teen?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:11 pm

yes. and adrian grenier (vinny chase in entourage). we go over this every month when I watch it.
:wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:12 pm

adrian grenier (vinny chase in entourage).

who and what?

we go over this every month when I watch it.

yes i like tradition :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:20 pm

drive me crazy
adrian grenier
entourage. great show. watch it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:38 am

serenity</i>

and I gotta say, even though there's just one disc, the extras are five times more interesting and substantial than the episode 3 extras disc. don't ask me how that happened. I really have no clue. maybe I'm just a fan of deleted scenes and gag reels.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:18 pm

I watched serenity a while back, it was a lot better than I expected, but i really wasn't expecting much. I've said my piece on Whedon, and its exactly like every single piece of writing he's done before (barring toy story). It was rather entertaining despite serious deja vu though. One <s>ring</s>/person to rule them all standard plot A. Plot Device C: Space Pirates. etc. :)

Nice visuals though, which dragged it above the TV series, and the dialogue seemed pretty 'amusing' and quirky ala buffy/angel/firefly. It also meant that the film was pretty much all action in film form and none of that nausiating episode long lulls and western crap firefly had in its very short run.

I watched more Masters of Horror. They've all been rather subpar. Landis one was one of the better ones, cut out the deer dissappearing sfx though, that looked so rubbish :lol: Watched Carpenter's... I'm sure i've seen it before, reminded me of Seventh Seal a bit (or whatever the polanski movie was called). Wasn't bad though.

Watched Trinity: The A-Bomb Movie, nice visuals and score, really has an impact but the commentry and motives were really shameful. I know it was its aim, but its entirely focused on americans and totally ignores everything else. Its has absolutely no people critical commentry of the A/H-bomb, no alternative views, etc. However, it does have reams of effective footage that do the job far better for the nay-sayers. It becomes obvious its propagandaistic in the pro H/A-bomb camp as far as commentry goes, but it fails/achieves the contrary because the horror of these things overwhelms everything that anyone says in the background.

Watched Undead. And i enjoyed it, some people had spoke negatively of it and they had me doubting, but no... it works and as far as movies go on that budget, it was a decent movie.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:34 pm

joss whedon did toy story??? :o , i never knew that.... its the one with woody and buzz lightyear right?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:45 pm

aye. one of the writers. you can also sniff out writers turned directors cuz...well...they can't direct. kevin smith is another one I admire but can't direct. and it doesn't seem very whedonish cuz 1) earlier in career so he wasn't given as much freedom with "voice," and 2) one of a handful of (credited) writers on that project.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:47 pm

ah i see, thankgod for that, ive never been much of a fan of whedon in his buffy/angel days and beyond.... or that could just be general cast arrogance
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:34 pm

You must know max... surely? biomonthly me and dink have the same discussion about whedon with the same comments and the same bitchslaps. :lol:

Since we are talking about direction, i have nothing against whedon (at all, well apart from what he did to alien, but i'll reprhase this as "I don't think he's in anyway bad" ) as a director, I think he does things very solidly. I mean Paul Anderson (the bad one), is actually an okay director, he just doesn't have anything to direct. It explains why when he used someone else's script it went quite well (Event Horizon).

I don't think he's a bad writer either. i just think he's written the same thing like 9 times with hardly any change, and i could only be bothered with it once or twice before it got stale, and now rather annoying.

As for him being restricted early on, I don't know, one of the first things he did was the buffy movie and its sucked... really, really badly. I just don't think he'd discovered his writing style perhaps? and now there's a reluctance to leave a done thing alone?

I call/hope for him to do something radically different, I think there's potential for it going quite well.

but that's all i'm going to say, cos i know i piss dinky off by bringing stuff like alien 4 up. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:49 pm

yeah i know i used to like alien 4 better then 2 and 3 but having viewed all 4 of them again ina marathon of aliens today then i have changed my views radically, noa they fall more inline with the way most of you think too, aliens is the best and alien 4 sucks big horse willy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:48 pm

meh. I don't dislike his directorial debut. it's just...well, his only experience directing is tv, and...well...ok, comparing serenity to anything smith has done from a director's standpoint is insulting to whedon, cuz he's not nearly that inept. but on the same token, the film isn't very tight. you could see the writer struggling with the director to incorporate things that really needed to go in order to keep the movie a movie. this all stems from jynks' initial report that it still felt like a tv show (which I agree with - maybe for different reasons). and like his writing, the silences, freeze frames, slow mo sequences, and lighting effects were all just like watching what he's done previously on tv. having said that, I thought the opening sequence was excellent and really was up to par with what I would consider an accomplished director. and judging by the content of the extras, he seems to have made more directorial decisions than lucas.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:51 pm

he seems to have made more directorial decisions than lucas.

thats because lucas has no right to call himself a director anymore, hes just a whacked out bearded hippy :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:24 pm

watched The 40 Year Old Virgin last night, didnt really make an impact either way good ro bad, except for the comedy fact that at work there is a 40 year old virgin (well 37 but soon to be 40) :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:25 pm

x2
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:00 pm

u watched x2 or u mean you have times 2 40 year old virgins at work? :lol:

been playing Call of Duty 2 and NFS: Most Wanted, CoD 2 is pretty ace, not usually into racing games but im quite enjoying nfs: mw
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:09 pm

the former...and you're a tit.

merry titmas. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:57 pm

is that abi titmus or a normal tit? :lol:

incase you dont know who abi slutmus is....

merry christmas :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:54 pm

watched Hot Shots earlier, always makes me laugh, ZAZ hilarious guys, work best together and hot shots is only a A production but still pretty funny
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General