The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:08 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:I'm in no rush to see that *ahem* effort. After seeing Van Smellsing, Blunderworld , and the Plague of Extraordinary Gentleman, I don't know if I could take another one of them :lol:

it's a lot better (in every aspect) than Van Helsing or LXG. Alas, Selma Blair is no Kate Beckinsale, and it lacks the blue-tinted, "I'm cool" look of Underworld, but the narrative is far better, imo. besides, didn't you say you liked Hulk? :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:23 am

bobbystills wrote:damn i feel like im reading luv letters WTF

Yeah, I know what you mean. :lol:

bobbystills wrote:..oh i also seen that stargate atlantis preview
i was hoping 4 more
they seem like their just going to copy the sg1 characters

Yeah, I was hoping for more too, but looks good none the less.

spudthedestroyer wrote:how can anyone bringing a genetically modified killing machine to life on a space station be an expert at anything other than stupidity :lol:

Agreed!!!

Watched parts of a couple movies: Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, the original Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla, High Fidelity, & the nude shot in Showdown in Little Tokyo. Also watched the Hulk today again. Tried to wath The Puppet Masters but for some reason it wouldn't play. I'll try again tomorrow after cleaning it.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:05 pm

didn't you say you liked Hulk?

:? I don't know how you got that. It wasn't that bad, but it definitely wasn't very good.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:50 pm

ah.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:45 pm

Man I loved the hulk.. I think it is est comic adaption yet!!! Not that I have 5 boxes of hulk comics or anything :)

Seriously it was the first movie, then spiderman 2, that had comic hero's acting like comic books.. as in SUPER powers. Wild wierdness going on... I mean look at Xmen, Storm can level cities.... not just float around and glow a bit!! But Hulk and Spiderman 2 really went to town on the power of these charicters.. Plus the hulk ius well the hulk and cool as, AND ang lee really gave it a art touch... the opening sequence with the credits in the lab.. PERFECT + the hulk etting dragged though the clouds... exclent!!

My latest film was "Timeline" from this board... and I reallly liked it!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby bobbystills on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:23 pm

i thought hulk was okay but the cgi sucked, i expected alot more from ang lee :cry: i never did get it on 2 cds
watched snow walker. I liked it.

grabbing the cameron diaz bondage video
:D :D
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:48 pm

am i missing out on some sort of huge transistion to celeb pron here or something??? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 pm

i thought The Hulk was one of the most boring comic book adaptatins i have ever seen. i really struggled to get to the end of the film. biggest waste of cgi ever.

watched S.F.W. yesterday - great movie imo - thanks JD for the rip :D
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:45 am

I take it you skipped Armageddon and Pearl Harbor, eh? prolly a wise choice. Then again, there was a Mummy 2 to jump up and bite ya! and let's not even touch Wing Commander
:-o

I think they're in a whole different category of cgi stinkers from Hulky.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:04 am

As for the best comic to movie, I vote Blade, as it's the only one I can think of where they fucked the least on the original character design/story.

As for Hulk, is was descent. I have to say I loved the comic feal w/ all the transitions & comic fonts. That's what all the others missed that this oned nailed great. The flipping of comic pages in the begining of SM & X-M just didn't get the same feal.

Ag & PH were so so. I did like the Mummy movies, even though they had Brandon. :o At least they had Rachel Weisz. :twisted:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:50 pm

Blade was from a comic book? For me, the best comic book movie by far is the original Burton Batman.

I don't think any other comic book adaptations have slipped my mind that were better.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 pm

superman with christopher reeve :D personally i prefer that to the comic books
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby bobbystills on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:05 pm

id agree that the best adaptation would have to go to the original superman. but imho burtins batman and both spidermans and X-mens r pretty great . Ive seen them many more times each than w/ superman, which is like a once in a while movie 4 me.

err ive always thought blade sucked never watched part 2 :(
nor did i read the comic

speaking of frank miller, ive been trying to remember to grab sum dark night books and that mad magazine set over a FH...........
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:48 pm

thats coz superman weighs in close to 3 hours hehe thats why i dont watch it that much, i do like tim burtons batman and the xmens aswell though, i also thought blade sucked and ahvent seen blade 2 (are you a clone of me or something :p)

i havent seen any of the spidermans yet though and whose frank miller?

i have a lot of the resident evil comics tho and used to get the batman comic every issue for about 8 years when i was younger
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Huh?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:40 am

Jynks wrote:

Huh?

there's a lot of interest surrounding that comment it seems :lol:

Maybe he means Charlies Angels 2? That movie is pure torture.

:spank:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:00 am

I watched Shrek 2 yesterday

it was pretty amusing
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:02 am

talking about Hulk here, why did this movie didn't do so well?

I think because it wasn't an all in all action movie like Spiderman or X-Men
It was mainly focused on drama and characters which I think was very good.
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby bobbystills on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:17 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
Jynks wrote:

Huh?

there's a lot of interest surrounding that comment it seems :lol:

:spank:

it was pretty bad - i cant blame her for filling suit . I had a bad 66mb wmv that wouldnt let me skip around so i had sit thru the whole thing 30min i then recycled - i think i seen a proper jst a few secs ago but im not going to bother - just grab the trailer im sure theres probably a torrent around. after like 7 min i didnt even want to see her b()()bs, i just wanted to hear someone tell the director he was a tool. i guess its worth seeing if you ever want to know how not to direct a model :lol:

but .................it was pretty nice when she sprayed that cold co2 on her nips :wink: espically when shes like " r they gettin hard..."
they should release imo more topless behind the scenes close ups of cameron. shes hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxpayne2409 wrote:whose frank miller?...............and used to get the batman comic every issue for about 8 years when i was younger

crack kills
even wooden noses :lol:

El Mariachi wrote:talking about Hulk here, why did this movie didn't do so well?

I think because it wasn't an all in all action movie like Spiderman or X-Men
It was mainly focused on drama and characters which I think was very good.

i think its good for thoes reasons to, but it should of and could of been both
me thinks
Last edited by bobbystills on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:50 am

ROFL!!!!! 10 points spud for funnest comment on the fourm for ages!!
Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General