The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:11 am

yeah my bad, should have posted it:
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3367028

There's a russian douche that reads the credits and then one sign right at the begining, then i guess he can't be arsed because that's the last you hear of him.

From then on in its just Luigi Mario, an ace service station zombie Bub mark 2 and dennis hopper.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:12 am

god i hate dennis hopper :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:29 am

I really don't think it would make it a better movie. but I can see your point about a few of the scenes. whether ultimately part of romero's ideal vision or not, there's no question that they filmed it ala fangoria article, imo. of course, you may have noticed that I'm not a horror guru.

about starbuck: yeah, the doc said there was a sist on one. he also said it was not dangerous. and I think the new scar is below the gunshot and I think too low for the place he was talking about. but my knowledge of anatomy is pretty much based on romero's movies, so push.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:42 am

lol yeah but the problem with anatomy learnt from romero is that none of the body parts are inside the body... and come to think of it, none of them aren't half eaten either.

@max, dennis hopper is freakin cool and you will respect his authoritAW :lol:
He's classed as cool in my book, same kind of Lance Henrikson, Sam Neill, Bruce Campbell cool :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:14 pm

Sam Neill

no your just totally head over heels in love with sam neill, admit it :lol:

i do agree with the lance, sam and bruce coolness tho
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:53 pm

ugh. ok...sam neil is a very good actor. but cool is just wrong. that's like calling...iunno...the president or the king cool. he's way too straight and respectable to be cool. bruce, kurt, clooney (sorry), keanu (sorry again)...they emote cool (apparently the only thing keanu emotes, but he really doesn't bother me). hopper has some of that. and his line deliveries often back it up. s'kinda like neil brings dignity to the movie whereas the cool guys camp it up. iunno...what's a more fitting adjective? lance has the same problem as neil, but he's not on neil's level.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:03 pm

watched latest six feet under</i> and entourage</i>. one more ep left of the former. the latter is my fave show on television.

picked-up the ghostbusters boxed set for $13.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:55 pm

No Sam Neill is cool for the very reason that he's always in loads of shit movies, and normally isn't that bad when he's in a shit role. ie. puts on a performance that automatically makes him cool regardless of the role. Its like Patrick Stewart, he's cool too, cos he's done loads of crap like star trek (engage!) yet he's still a) the centre of attention in it b) cool in it c) good in it.

Totally rubbish that just because your the president or the king you are cool... they can be, but i don't recall one yet that is... they are always douchebags. Keanu reaves isn't cool, he's popular and an alist celebrity, but he's never done a role he can gain cool status from and he can't be cool since he's shit in everything he does, and he's a crap actor. Tom Cruise isn't cool, he's a douche.

Steve Buscemi is cool, Kurt Russel is kind of a dick, but i guess he's cool...
You can make a case that Clooney and Pitt are cool, if you look at their careers, Clooney did From Dusk till Dawn amongst others, and Pitt has done loads of ace films (like Fight Club)... most actors in their positions wouldn't touch movies like those.

They can only be cool if under all circumstances, no matter how much shit they are in, they are the centre of attention by their own abilities to bring coolness from shit and they've done movies that are cool, and were cool in them. They are also cool if they are an outsider from hollywood, and even though they've never been in a center role in a hollywood film they are a distinguished and ace actor. This degrades the claims that Pitt and Clooney are cool since they are A-list celebs, and big ones at that. People like Sam Neill and Bruce Campbell have never been hollywood actors like that, okay Sam Neill was in Jurassic Park in a big role so Bruce Campbells is way cooler.

It all cummulates in when you hear a movie description... its like "erm.. it any good?" (ie. sounds a bit lame) then someone goes "its got (ie) Bruce Campbell in it" and you respond, "oh, cool...". You would never respond like that if someone said Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise, and infact (which is why they aren't really very cool) George Clooney or Brad Pitt in it... you know you wouldn't, so they aint cool.

So goes what is cool.

There's probably a better term for camp actors that make themselves the centre of attention, but imo cool is the description above.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

Totally rubbish that just because your the president or the king you are cool... they can be, but i don't recall one yet that is

technically though bill clinton was kinda cool for cheating on his dumb bitch wife :lol:

while im not a big clooney fan i did think he was pretty good in "O Brother where art tho" (if you havent seen ti yet go check it out you will be suprised)

as for brad shit, hes never been in a good film

only good films keanu reeves has been in are the bill & ted movies and only because the his role was basically him being himself :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:19 pm

yeah, clinton was actually kind of cool :lol:

Brad Pitt has been in 12 Monkeys, and was awesome in Fight Club and Se7en, he's in True Romance too, and he's awesome in all of those (okay so he doesn't do anything in True Romance though). Its a shame he's done so many shit films, but those ones are top shit!

Agreed on clooney, he's great in O' Brother, he's good in From Dusk Till Dawn and my brother says whilst the film isn't overly good, he's good in 3 kings.

Bill and Ted suck ass, rewatch em max, they seriously suck ass. My friend gave em me to copy about 6 months ago, i could only watch em for about 2 minutes and then i turned em off. Needless to say they were not worth copying.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:24 pm

Brad Pitt has been in 12 Monkeys, and was awesome in Fight Club and Se7en, he's in True Romance too

lol completely forgot about 12 monkeys and true romance, fight club really isnt my kinda film though, se7en was ok but nothing special to me

Agreed on clooney, he's great in O' Brother

liked it so much i got it on dvd the other day albeit downloaded from torrent

Bill and Ted suck ass, rewatch em max, they seriously suck ass

i own them on vhs and dvd and the soundtracks to both, i like them, granted bogus journey isnt a great sequel but william sadler as death is hilarious, loved the cartoon series too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:34 pm

aww...I thought mr & mrs smith</i> was a 2-hour cool pill.

lmao at the engage comment.

the president/king analogy was that calling them cool doesn't work. and patrick stewart? dude! love'im, but you got the wrong idea of cool. :matrix:

wrong. :twisted:

wrong! :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:35 pm

btw spud jsut wondering, are ya gonna stick one of those news and new releases boxes at the top of here like you have over at hhah but for scifi releases and news?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:15 am

no one wanted it looking like that:
viewtopic.php?t=1518

it gets the info from the frontpage, not the forums. SHAH doesn't have a frontpage. I suppose it would be possible to mine the data from the forums, but its the problem of one looking universal across the themes.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:18 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:no one wanted it looking like that:
viewtopic.php?t=1518

why do internal links open a new window?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:20 am

i dunno actually, i don't remember it doing that before.

I probably copied across the same bbcode.tpl for all the themes and one of them did that by default.

edit: i think its always done that hasn't it? It does the same thing at fileheaven.org. It can be turned off though, but its always done that now that i think about it. There's two alternatives
1. all links are new window
2. all links are same window

Maybe the second one is better. It can probably be modified to open external links in a new window, but its quite heavy going for something like this.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:38 am

yeah. 1 is def preferable to 2. guess I confused it with the redirect thingy. just kinda bummed cuz I thought about middle clicking the above link but decided I was done here so just left clicked to go there. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:30 am

dinky wrote:yeah. 1 is def preferable to 2. guess I confused it with the redirect thingy. just kinda bummed cuz I thought about middle clicking the above link but decided I was done here so just left clicked to go there. :lol:

wtf no it isnt, i prefer when a new window opens when i click a link in forums, as it means i can load up the page and still read the other page and click between the 2
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:47 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
dinky wrote:yeah. 1 is def preferable to 2. guess I confused it with the redirect thingy. just kinda bummed cuz I thought about middle clicking the above link but decided I was done here so just left clicked to go there. :lol:

wtf no it isnt, i prefer when a new window opens when i click a link in forums, as it means i can load up the page and still read the other page and click between the 2

:? uh...sonny, read what I said again. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:13 pm

you should middle click when you want a new window anyway, you douchebags :lol:

Unless your some ie scumbag of course.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext