The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:05 pm

but gb3 wouldve probably been good had they made it on the back of 2, but too longs passed now, theyre way too old/fat etc to do all the running around ghostbusters do, but perhaps a revival fo the cartoon would be good with them actually doing the voices to theyre characters, i love the original gb cartoon hence why i downloaded all season1 off BT, austin316gb hasnt released 2nd season yet but 1st season is amazing quality to say its a tvrip.

Actually I think that's the great advantage, the problem with the ghostbusters is... they are all fat, old, useless and act like kids. And that's why the movies are so great.

Infact pretty much the story line to GB2 was, they were all fat, old, useless overgrown kids that don't have decent jobs and the ghostbusting business is dried up. You seriouls think any of them would have saved any money at the end of GBII when they clearly didn't at the end of the first? :lol:

Personally I think that works to their advantage :)

----

Gremlins was always a double act, gremlins one is an attack on americana, the peaceful village thrown into utter chaos. The second is about 'gremlins' in the machine. You've got this ultra hitech building for a ultra hitech company, and nothing works :)

They really need to be taken as one 'film', infact I read an article about this in Empire's Guide to Horror. Gremlins was stated as the movie to watch, but the first few lines of the review says they work better together than they do apart.

Your right about CGI, they'd give it to some useless director like that Paul Anderson and he'll totally and utterly miss the whole point of gremlins... and think its some action/horror, but they really aren't that dumb.

Gremlins 2 didn't 'kinda blow' in the slightest imo, it was a brilliant and well written sequel.

---

Ginger Snaps II was about the same as the first to be honest. They are both alright I suppose.

---

I was going to watch decoys last night but I was way too pissed by then.

@bobby, angel is soooo much better than that boring buffy crap imo :lol: More violent, better storyline and well.. its just better imo. No SMG to look at but enough fighting and better writing to makeup for it. They are both pretty dumb, and both have had alright and crappy episodes, but imo Angel is the much stronger series and it got away with a lot more. Some of the writing on both counts was terrible though, and seeing them you can understand why lots of people slate that kind of tv.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby bobbystills on Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:16 pm

the only thing good about angel was when they had eps that took place in the past. i like thoes and i like when he killed all the people in the WH party and drucilla and angel's vamp, toolbags mom, she was cool. I cant remember her name right now. but as a whole the series really kinda sucked imho. the guy that plays angel is a horrible actor i mean he was bad in buffy but i had to scrape the chedder of my screen sum nights after watching him wiggle - i was so excited when they took his kid and put him under water, but just tryin to watch the dude try and be sincere got under my skin...charsima got fat, the green guy was way to dumb, the black dude was was not believable as a tough guy "gun" <----silly. & the antagonists were never making any sence....
and dont even get me started on the son
i did kinda have a thing for the skinny chick tho

but i could barely watch some times it was so bad
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:32 pm

hehe, well.. skip if you have any intention of watching the finale
charsima got fat --> dead
i did kinda have a thing for the skinny chick tho --> dead too
he green guy was way to dumb --> watch the last episode, that was a shocker :o He was the equivalent of that Xander fella though, although obviously not hands on in anyway, just a bit of light relief in the script.
the black dude was was not believable as a tough guy "gun" --> you can say the same about anyone to be fair, to be honest though I think he did quite well and pulled it off fine (btw, 'nearly' dead)

you don't seem to have seen any of the decent episodes really, them ones you mentioned were alright I suppose though, but I probably wouldn't say they are the best of anything.

I notice you skipped Wesley btw (btw dead :lol: ) ;)

the only thing good about angel was when they had eps that took place in the past

You don't mean those dreadful flashbacks do you, they're so terrible :o

I guess we think opposite, because I think the same things are worse tenfold in buffy :o (bar the odd occasion of course). Which had a longer run and some better episodes, but as a whole it was just a worse version of angel in my view. Too many people judged Angel because of Buffy which is unjustified really, and I know put loads of people off even trying it. I found most of the early, and a chunk of the later, episodes of buffy unwatchable. I sometimes find it difficult to figure out why it got such a status it did, i guess it was something fresh at the right time.

I'm not a big fan of either, but I found angel much better and the more enjoyable of the two. And Josh Whedon's writing* pissed me off royally a lot of the time :evil:

*although to be fair, wasn't always him
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:56 pm

i like the burbs aswell, cool movie, as far as chance goes ive never seen or heard of it but from that i dont think ill bother
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby bobbystills on Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:38 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
the only thing good about angel was when they had eps that took place in the past

You don't mean those dreadful flashbacks do you, they're so terrible :o

lol

spudthedestroyer wrote:I guess we think opposite,

I'm not a big fan of either, but I found angel much better and the more enjoyable of the two.

yeah im not really a big fan of either myself
:?
i used to watch them w/ a lass - we dont talk anymore
but thoes spoilers sound cool i didnt think they were killing off the cast
maybe i should give this season another chance.
i wondered if it was cancled.
Is this the last season?
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:42 pm

its a cliffhanger, but production was too high apparantly. Don't think it will be picked up.

Sky1 was trying to mussle up some cash and go half way with fox, at one point. There was talk of a tv movie, etc. Nothings turned up. And whedon is left with out a project... bonus! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:30 pm

alien bonus discs are epic! only on SE of A3 tonight.

saw dodgeball

/me ducks
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Augmenter on Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:41 pm

Seen Butterfly Effect just earlier. Must say it's competing for my best movie of the 2004.
Even though Aston Kutcher is in the main role, he behaves deacently.
Augmenter
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:58 pm

hehe you sound just like me after i saw butterfly effect, i thought ashton kutcher was a talentless pretentious twat till i saw butterfly effect which changed my mind on the acting part at least
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:45 pm

Raiders of the Lost Ark... going to watch temple in a bit :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:36 am

Augmenter wrote:Seen Butterfly Effect just earlier. Must say it's competing for my best movie of the 2004.
Even though Aston Kutcher is in the main role, he behaves deacently.

:lol:

maxpayne2409 wrote:hehe you sound just like me after i saw butterfly effect, i thought ashton kutcher was a talentless pretentious twat till i saw butterfly effect which changed my mind on the acting part at least

:-o
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Bassline on Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:04 pm

got round to watching quite a few last weekend :D

blast from the past (1999)......v.funny movie enjoyed it a great deal :D
Frequency(2000).......yup enjoyed this one aswell :beerchug:
Mean Girls(2004).....not bad...some nice eye candy in it :mrgreen:
Jawbreaker(199?)....also good eye candy but not a great movie at all :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:19 am

only film i watched this week so far is Fucking Amal - not for the first time and enjoyed it again.
I'm just about to watch A Lizard In A Womans Skin tho.

so quite a few ppl seem to have watched Butterfly Effect now, the question is theatrical or Director's cut? I'm still undecided

@bassline did U see mean girls @the cinema or is there a decent rip out there now?
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:04 am

spidey 2. I liked it. great humor, if nothing else.

then again, I didn't think daredevil was bad. so maybe I should run through the usual suspects if you're thinking of trusting my opinion: punisher (either version) was horrible. x-men was good. x2 was better. enjoyed first blade quite a bit, not enamoured with second. hulk was kinda blah - not horrible though. hellboy was a solid movie - between the two x-men.

fyi: saw 2 min catwoman trailer. movie looks impossibly bad bad bad.
2 min blade 3 trailer was screened as well. looks scary in an "oh no, another comic book flop" way. gonna have a hard time taking ryan reynalds and jessica biel seriously. still, an R-rating might allow for some solid action.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Bassline on Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Purple.Nightmare wrote:
so quite a few ppl seem to have watched Butterfly Effect now, the question is theatrical or Director's cut? I'm still undecided

haven't watched the dir cut yet ;)

Purple.Nightmare wrote:@bassline did U see mean girls @the cinema or is there a decent rip out there now?

nah not the cinema...woulda been full of kids :wacky: but there is a pretty good svcd available recoded by Gfavored
MGntscGF.cue
MGntscGF.bin
803mb though :?
but the quality is damn good for what it is :D

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:00 am

Okay recently watched:
Series 1 - 2 of Babylon5
Punch Dunk Love (seen it before but its great :) )
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:53 am

watched a great TV made movie from 1990 last night
By dawns early light
...had seen it before but a long time ago....still enjoyed it and would reccomend it if you like nuclear war releated type movies...good cast powers boothe/rebecca demornay/rip torn and a couple of sci-fi related actors james earl jones/martin landau and since you lot have been talking about Ghostbusters Peter MacNicol from GB2 is in it aswell :D

:beerchug:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:52 pm

Just saw Spiderman2.. on the whole not bad... i guess... but the bad bits were SOOOO bad.... When this flick comes to the dvd store I'll make my own DVDr version of it cutting out all the crap, almost all the ending, and basicaly leaving in all the doc oc, newpaper guy and spidy action and as LITTLE of the dialouge and other WASTE OF TIME that I can while keeping the movie rolling.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:45 pm

:lol: Jynks. the aunt may-peter parker dynamic made me squirm. awful preachy. but the pathos conerning harry oborne/james franco seemed legit to me.

anyway...Alien: Resurrection SE. First cut was far superior. no pace whatsoever to the SE. no wonder Junet didn't want to re-edit. I'm not sure which is a bigger plot gaff: the cloning and its results in Resurrection or the fact that the Alien incubates inside a dead ox. isn't the whole point of a host body that it's alive and nurtures the alien embryo? :?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:48 pm

just finished watching season 1 of this http://www.tvtome.com/7Days/

maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General