The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:27 am

but what a terrible fucking movie

you sir are an idiot :lol:

back on topic, watching sliders season 3, and all the rips on bt are bloody all fucked, the only player that will play them is vlc, guess ill have to dl the emule eps and hope theyre not teh same as the ones on bt
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:49 pm

:? it's bad. it really is...just terrible at the point christopher reeve comes into play (not because of him, but that moment in the movie). it's just so utterly dumb. I never liked the whole reverse the rotation of the earth thing, but...man. I must've blocked out all the other shit. what a joke. he turned superman into ladyhawke. utter shit. should have stopped the movie right after the origin story was established and then jumped right into part 2. the lex luthor on smallville is a better character and that's not a compliment.

finally saw starshiptroopers 2</i>. might've been an alright sci-fi channel movie back in the day. kinda funny how the first troopers</i> was so remenicent of aliens</i> and then this goes straight for the alien</i> moments. badly, of course. but it was that or the magdalene sisters</i>.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:41 pm

Rob Zombie's done some cool songs, like More Human than Human, and for the title "Welcome to the Planet Motherfucker Psychodelic Slag". Hellbilly Deluxe album was cool too.

As a director, I think the movies are far too top heavy, but to be fair, when i say movies, I mean movie, I've only seen House of 1000 Corpses... oh damn and Beavis and Butthead Do America, he directed some of that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:26 pm

oh damn and Beavis and Butthead Do America, he directed some of that.

no way.... damnit i like that film

finally saw starshiptroopers 2. might've been an alright sci-fi channel movie back in the day.

nope its complete and total shit right from the day it was thought of to this day and beyond, i would rather watch fucking emmerdale then starship gayness 2
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:58 pm

sci-fi channel specializes in complete and total shit right from the day it's thought of. :wink:

watched incredibles</i>. very good. watching it a second time adds more depth. still prefer shrek 2</i> cuz...well...it's more fun.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:46 pm

you mean like BSG? If your quite done digging your whole, I'll take my shovel back. :lol: I guess that comment was obviously was restricted to tv movies, rather than everything the scifi channel does. IIRC, dog soldiers went straight to the scifi channel in the states and that movie's cool (although the morons did censor the swearing in it :roll: )... what is it with tv networks in the states and bad language anyway? I mean super gluing someone back up is okay, but someone says cunt and they start crying. Cunts! :lol:

Haven't watched the Evil Deads in ages, i'm thinking about wacthing them again been passing the time watching South Park S3+4 atm.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:05 pm

damn what does IIRC mean again? i keep forgetting

its funny you should mention evil dead were just talking about it on an irc channel im in, not the hhah one, that died out months ago, i keep meaning to watch dog soldiers, ive wanted to see it ever since it was released in cinemas but ive just never got round to it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:56 pm

if i recall correctly
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:02 pm

i obviously dont :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:38 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:you mean like BSG? If your quite done digging your whole, I'll take my shovel back. :lol: .

hole, you fool. :lol:

sci-fi channel, for the first 10-15 years of its existence (I was on it as soon as it came into being cuz...well...I like sci-fi), would (still does) buy rights to air defunct shows from other nets. they would also churn out buckets of "sci-fi channel specials" that make Lexx, First Wave, Farscape, etc. look like the best stuff ever</i> produced. they still do a lot of the movies (imdb dean cain, and you ought to find one or two of them). it was (and to some extent still is) a tv version of pulp novels. kinda like buying a boxed set of x-files on ebay from a hong kong knockoff shop.

that's quite different from buying the rights to dog soldiers, editing it to shit, and airing that. although the end result isn't much different once butchered.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:00 am

dean cain

not refering to post impact by anychance that practically rips off the day after tomorrow

just got round to watching the last 3 eps of robot chicken season 1, funny show :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:12 pm

Watched loads of episodes of Trailer Park Boys... complete dumbasses... love the way they get into the massive gun battles and then shout out "stop firing, someones got hurt you dick heads" :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:02 pm

whats trailer park boys? and why does it sound so very badly american :lol:

in the middle of watching sliders season 3 on vlc player as the rips on bt are so fucking gay nothing else will play them, anyone else had this trouble? or do the emule ones actually work fine? mainly so i dont waste my time dlding more fucked files, i think whoever ripped them is a n00b dickface tbh, the episodes i downloaded are released by medieval and the episodes randomly skip a few seconds every so often, i mainly went for the torrent coz i couldnt wait :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:13 pm

but on the plus side i got my new case today and to quote the bear "its untold" :D

http://www.casepower.com.tw/english/Pro ... L/0408.htm
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:16 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
dean cain

not refering to post impact by anychance that practically rips off the day after tomorrow

<a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312640/>Dragon Fighter</a> looks like one of them. <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158409/>Futuresport</a> looks like another. <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130205/>Rag and Bone</a>, apparently based on an Anne Rice product looks like one as well. I still can't find the one with some mutant or alien monster that chases people on this remote island facility during some storm though. <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362942/>P. I.: Post Impact</a> looks like another candidate, but alas, it's not listed as tv.

a couple interesting quotes I came across in a Wired</i> article while googling for a sci-fi channel movie archive:
In truth, Sci Fi's originals have failed to produce any villains as memorable as the Blob or Audrey the killer carnivorous plant from Corman's own The Little Shop of Horrors. But the great monster films of past decades emerged out of a churning industry of throwaways and imitations. Maybe to get a really good monster you simply need to create lots and lots of monsters. Measured against their aspirations, Mansquito, Hammerhead, Python, and Bone Snatcher are mere prototypes, trial versions for a truly weird creature that attaches itself to the popular imagination and refuses to be dislodged.

The Sci Fi guys follow a strict plan to get their ideas onscreen. They pay a flat fee of $750,000 to indies like Beach. Sometimes - as in the case of Mansquito - they approach filmmakers with a fleshed-out scheme; other times, they'll simply have a monster in mind. The $750,000 covers everything from the script and actors to location costs and production work. In the straight-to-video world, that's a dominating sum. "Everybody gets the same deal, because we need movies, not problems," says Cannella. "We depend on these guys. We don't want them going out of business."

Typically, it costs Beach and other filmmakers $1.4 to $1.8 million to make a movie; they supplement the fee from Sci Fi with revenue they earn through foreign-licensing agreements (the Sci Fi Channel keeps the US film rights). Throughout it all - and here's the big difference between this and buying off-the-shelf - Cannella, Vitale, and Regina retain authority over the creative process. In the end, it costs Sci Fi more to put out a film, but "it's not about saving money," explains Cannella. "It's about presenting original material, giving viewers something they can't see anywhere else."

The irony is that, for all their success as filmmakers, they need to be known as film financiers. It's a matter of corporate survival. This way, they're not stepping on the toes of the channel's real program staff in Los Angeles, who produce popular, expensive shows like the Stargate series and Battlestar Gallactica.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:14 pm

P. I.: Post Impact looks like another candidate, but alas, it's not listed as tv

didnt i say that film, its not a tv series but it was a made for tv scifi movie by the scifi channel, infact theyre site that promotes the movies made by the scifi channel were bigging (for lack of a better word) up p.i post impact massively for months before it was screened, i actually wanna see it for the cheese factor, but all teh rips on emule are italian or spanish dubbed

btw mansquito isnt a scifi channel original, it was done by the company that handles most of these mutant creature b-movies such as crocodile 1 & 2, spiders 1 & 2, octopus 1 & 2, shark attack 1-3 (such original names :lol: ) Nu-Image, theyre latest i believe is infact mansquito or possibly rottweiler
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:49 am

whats trailer park boys? and why does it sound so very badly american

One of the funniest tv shows from America. They are a bunch of losers that live in trailer parks but have grand elaborate schemes to make money, which normally involves growing dope then ending the series in a big gun battle which sends them to jail again.

The main guy in it always carries a drink everywhere he goes, its a bit more like the Big Lebowski in that way, he like emerges from a blown up car still holding a glass with most of his drink in it. There's a guy called Bubbles that lives in a shed and steals shopping carts for a living, and there's a guy called Rick who's a complete idiot.

Great show, and for the record, the trailer park is in canada as far as i gathered.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:49 am

Download them here:
http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp?qu ... submit.y=0

Well worth it.

They act like council estate idiots would (right down to the bottle kids) if they had more freedom to get hold of guns :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:41 pm

hahaha sounds good, ill dl some then and check it out, if it was produced by mtv they would probably make a really crap uk version like they did with pimp my ride, i mean tim westwood (complete chav tosser) is certainly no xzibit, xzibit while being a foolish rapper has that showmanship thing needed to present it, tim dickface shitbrain westwood is just a chav and i wish he would fall on a bloody running chainsaw, and he jsut seems like hes picking on everyone, and the garage that they use in the uk version is run by chavs and a tomboy who seem to have about as much taste in cars as they have in anyone besides themselves, theyre no westcoast customs, they dont have the individual tv friendly personalitys of WCC either, i mean WCC have big dane, ish (can anyone ever understand him? lol), and of course the great mad mike

mad mike: what im gonna do is im gonna fix him up with a 40inch plasma screen tv in the back
Q: ok a 14inch tv.
Mad Mike: no no no not 14 inch i said 40 inch
Q: mad mike you completly crazy

mad mike as far as i know was the first person to ever put spinners on the sub box grill lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:51 pm

AoD</i>
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General