Battlestar Galactica (2003-200X)

Scif-fi Series... Farscape, Star Trek, Sliders, etc.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:18 pm

tweye wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:why doesn't the president promote Adama to a general? I mean he was in charge, but he wasn't commander and chief? That should sort out whos in charge more efficiently :wacky:

the president has understood that the only solution with admiral Cain is "kill her before she kills you". Cain would never recognise Adama as a superior. she wants to kill him even now that she is more high in grade (only as a precaution, looking form her point of view).

Predominant word which explains what I was meaning is wasn't.

I'm well aware that the general wouldn't have it she's already f*cked everything up and gone on the rampage, and that the president wants her dead (she does say it rather bluntly). What i meant was:
a) why hasn't she done it before/immediately after the cylon war (which seems to be back on again :lol: )?
b) why doesn't see do it anyway, so legally and in regards to any further actions, she will be performing illegal actions and this can be transmitted to her crew which seem to be on the edge as it is. As it stands, anyone still playing by the rule book on either crew knows the general is in charge, letting the plebs know she isn't is good leverage.

I didn't mean she would stand for it for a second (she already ignores the president), I was talking about the fact adama has been effectively commander and cheif for 1 and a half series, but had a low rank (then again he did take out a coup on the government too so i assume that's why :lol: ), and that a promotion would give him legal support for him taking her out. ATM its mutiny if your playing by the books, and there's no doubt about that, because he's a lower ranking officer. If he was promoted, it would be legal as technically, she's the one whos commiting mutiny/an armed coup.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Aaronpaul on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:14 am

Scifi channel has already shown BSG Season 2; last episode was shown in Octo\Nov last year. I remember Scifi channel announced season 3 will start in Jan 06. Any new infor on this. What about The 4400 S3, Stargate Atlantis S3 & SG1S10. Any infor?
Aaronpaul
the Angry Klingon

Postby tweye on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:58 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I'm well aware that the general wouldn't have it she's already f*cked everything up and gone on the rampage, and that the president wants her dead (she does say it rather bluntly). What i meant was:
a) why hasn't she done it before/immediately after the cylon war (which seems to be back on again :lol: )?

maybe at the time Cain was only more good at wasting cylons and no one thought she could become the nazi nut she is now :lol:

b) why doesn't see do it anyway, so legally and in regards to any further actions, she will be performing illegal actions and this can be transmitted to her crew which seem to be on the edge as it is. As it stands, anyone still playing by the rule book on either crew knows the general is in charge, letting the plebs know she isn't is good leverage.

well probably the Pegasus not-army crew is on the edge, but the army seems to be well tight together, drunk by the "necessary violence" ideology imposed by Cain (even Starbuck seems to admire her in one occasion). the danger could be that they could choose to stay with Cain and try a coup.
so in a situation like this, the president thinks that legal actions (aka "my rank is higher than yours") are less efficient than pure violence, thus she invites adama to play with the same rules Cain is following.

oh and btw... another episode is on the way wo-hoooo :lol:
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:30 pm

Na, i don't think they are as hardcore as they think.... the dumbass grunts might like beating, but the officer class, like the second in command is at breaking point, and the looks the people gave her in operations when she told people to scrabble fighters has me thinking adama may have two ships to command soon :lol: Don't think it will happen in the end, the tension will probably be padded out and both assassination attempts will fail. We'll see tonight though :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:23 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Gooser on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:18 am

Gooser
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby Blade Runner on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:41 pm

The 2nd half of the season is proving to be just as reveting as season 1, this episode goes a long way to support that.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:36 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:44 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:53 pm

SFM rips added
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby riot_control on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:39 pm

ok now they are starting to destroy the series :(
se leonardo da vinci , pq eu nao posso dar 2
riot_control
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:29 pm

I think the religious spin of early episodes was by far the more dangerous aspect of the series (in far that it potentionally could spoil the show).

Killing off the president this early always seemed unlikely to me, when i saw her on her death bed i thought, maybe they will... turns out i should have trusted my insticts. A major character death like that won't happen till the show winds down, and whilst I'd love to think artistic and creativity is the most important aspect, its a tv series and the most pressing external and top down pressure is longevity. I didn't think it was bad that she's still cured/prolonged, I was actually expecting her to live for a while. If she died, then i'd have been more suprised, but i don't think they'll kick that plot in till later when they hit a future story ark towards the end, and of course, I'm still hoping the religious mumbo-jumbo crap will just be a cylon trick/experiment (I mean there was a cylon base ship in orbit of the planet where they found the info on earth) and if that's true, the president probably won't die as 'predicted'.

For those that want the short summary, imo, when/if the president dies that will kick in the final/main story ark (think B5 after Khazadum), only if they want a concise artistically and creative series (I'm not saying its not a really great series, but i'm referring to when like a famous director does a project and its all about the project, not how long the movie is or potential for sequels, etc.) would something like that happen this early, and as stated above longevity is the main goal of most tv products, despite the fact its actually not something that actually reflects well on teh series when you look back at them (Simpsons, Xfiles, etc.)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:28 am

It should be noted that the version spud posted is the PROPER that came out with the cropping fixed and advert with the fetus removed....
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:13 pm

the fetus that had the glowing spine :wink:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:25 pm

Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:57 pm

yeah the other 2x14 by GXC or whatever they are called isn't cropped :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:44 am

Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby riot_control on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:22 pm

se leonardo da vinci , pq eu nao posso dar 2
riot_control
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:28 pm

Getting it from newsgroups, this is the hash from fileheaven for the loki proper:
ed2k: Battlestar.Galactica.S02E16.Sacrifice.WS.DSR.XviD-LOKi.avi  [305.33 Mb] [Stats]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:16 am

<SOB>.... it is a sad day [spoiler]The president's Aid is dead!!! <cry> That guy ruled.<sniffle>

PS - Is battlestar like the BEST scifi tv show in years or what?
Last edited by Jynks on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Series